Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by
x88x
Heresy! ...seriously though, have you ever compared Oblivion on a console and to Oblivion maxed on a PC? There is literally no comparison.
every tried building a new pc with mothes for a budget?
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Snowman
every tried building a new pc with mothes for a budget?
Yeah, there is that...that's why I'm setting my goal now. ;) If I save, sell off components, etc, hopefully by the end of the summer I'll have what I need.
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Snowman
pshaw play it on console
I can't afford one of them, either :P
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Also, console requires a TV...and a console..neither of which are things I have... :whistler:
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by
x88x
Also, console requires a TV...and a console..neither of which are things I have... :whistler:
Same... a console is the only reason I'd consider buying a TV, which makes it a far less cost effective solution than a gaming PC, where I'd need a PC of some sort anyway.
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Heh...I never finished Oblivion because the game was so buggy it would constantly crash and corrupt my saves. Bethesda is infamous for such nonsense. If they pinky-swear that this game will work correctly I might...MIGHT...play it. I have a full list of games I'll be playing throughout '11 though, so I'll try to fit this in.:)
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Yeah...most of BethSoft's games have been pretty buggy for me in one way or another. I had the least problems with Oblivion though, so I'm hoping Skyrim has even less. ...I'll still play it obsessively though, even if it is unstable...heck, Fallout 3 would randomly crash all the time because of my audio drivers, but I still managed to log a ridiculous number of hours in it. :whistler:
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by
x88x
Yeah...most of BethSoft's games have been pretty buggy for me in one way or another. I had the least problems with Oblivion though, so I'm hoping Skyrim has even less. ...I'll still play it obsessively though, even if it is unstable...heck, Fallout 3 would randomly crash all the time because of my audio drivers, but I still managed to log a ridiculous number of hours in it. :whistler:
the only problem i had was that my wife left the ps3 on and forgot to turn the air conditioning on and it YLOD on me. After I lost my saves after being told they would return it to me and instead got a check I didnt have the heart to go back and start playing again.
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by
mDust
Heh...I never finished Oblivion because the game was so buggy it would constantly crash and corrupt my saves. Bethesda is infamous for such nonsense. If they pinky-swear that this game will work correctly I might...MIGHT...play it. I have a full list of games I'll be playing throughout '11 though, so I'll try to fit this in.:)
How bizarre.
While I've noticed bugs in Oblivion, I can honestly say that there's never been anything significant enough to prevent me from continuing as intended. Certainly never a corrupted save.
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by
x88x
Yeah...most of BethSoft's games have been pretty buggy for me in one way or another. I had the least problems with Oblivion though, so I'm hoping Skyrim has even less. ...I'll still play it obsessively though, even if it is unstable...heck, Fallout 3 would randomly crash all the time because of my audio drivers, but I still managed to log a ridiculous number of hours in it. :whistler:
I avoided the Fallout series. They're cool games and all...but Bethesda needs to learn how to finish a game before they release it. I refuse to pay money for something that I know doesn't work right and possibly never will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blibbax
How bizarre.
While I've noticed bugs in Oblivion, I can honestly say that there's never been anything significant enough to prevent me from continuing as intended. Certainly never a corrupted save.
Not even bizarre. Major bugs are well documented in every game they've ever released. I'm glad I borrowed Oblivion from a friend instead of buying it...
Hopefully they test Skyrim before they burn the discs. We'll see though.:)