In New Vegas you could disable it
Printable View
In New Vegas you could disable it
here you go TGS: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33
Open the launcher, select 'options', and click the 'high' button. ;)
That being said, I have everything turned up all the way and it run great on my GTX260...when my driver isn't crashing, that is...but I think that has more to do with me having my 8800 in there too, because it was doing the same thing when I was folding with it..should just take the damn thing out...
I'm on my second play through, playing a defensive Orc. And, last night I joined the Companions and became a Werewolf, my wife flipped lol. I never knew it was so easy to convert women to gaming.
I just play with an xbox controller. No settings would get the y-axis correct on the mouse. And, it seems like the y-axis is framerate dependent.
Xbox controller works fine for me. This isn't the kind of game I need super accuracy or speed.
a GTX560 can't play a DX9 title on ultra? :? :thnik:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...rk,3074-8.html
it should pretty easily unless something is messed up.
I mean i'm on a HD 5770 and i'm getting closer towards 40fps at ultra detail with 4xAF and 4xAA @1920x1200
(my AA/AF settings are lower i guess then that benchmark + my overclocking makes it faster then that reference card up there?)
do you have up to date gpu drivers TGS? i updated my drivers on my HTPC last night, and it killed alot of my stuttering issues. i'm only running an ati 5670 on it and playing on ultra.
Thread Jack!!
Crouch=Stealth, in most games, apparently....
Maybe i need to level up my stealth but when i sneak; if I'm not standing behind a 3 foot thick brick wall (and cloaked by a shadow) with every door in the area closed and the entire village asleep after overdosing on skooma i can't do **** without getting caught by the guards.
Ill have to give that a try lol; I have gotten pretty proficient at sneaking up behind people and cutting their throat.
I just beat the main quest line the other night now I'm not sure what to do. I play an assassin so it seems out of character to do any of the goody two shoes quest lines. I suppose I could take up the thieves guild but even they seem to have to much of a moral high ground for me. (Or at least they did in Oblivion)
I'm playing a lawful good char with my current play through, toughest thing so far was taking out the dark brotherhood. next play through ill be chaotic evil.
I'm in the dark brotherhood so my boots were made for sneakin.
And I didn't know that you had to wipe out the dark brotherhood if you play a good character. I wonder how they will work that story in to ES6
I got attacked by a dark brother hood assassin but joined shortly there after so I was never sure what the random attack was about
eh i did the innocence lost quest, and killed the leader instead of one of the 3 bound people. i then got a quest for the rest of them.
ice form shout makes most things easier than they should be. especially as an archer.
hehehe wait until you get the call storm shout...
about sneaking, yup if you're barefoot is way easier, that and the muffle spell.
Spoiler:
Neither the Dark brotherhood nor the thieves guild are bound by any code now. Also the bounty system is really neat, if you kill all the witnesses, your bounte gets negated/reduced
Haha. I got the call storm shout. Accidently used it in town and received an 11000+ bounty.
I wasn't even going to try it because of the super long refresh but now I know why the refresh Is so long.
Did end up joining the thieves guild. I'm supposed to be sneaky but like to murder when I can anyway.
I have the intense desire to find an outplaying village to decimate but don't want to break any quests. :(
Hey All
What level where you when you went to Skuldafn Dungeon I am finding it a struggle.
Also I bought amulet of mara and married the girl in the general store in Riverwood
I can't figure out the controls. In Oblivion I could have a bow in my left hand and still cast spells with my right. But Skyrim only let's me have spells or the bow, not both.
I'm also starting to carry too much weight, but I can't find any merchants to sell it too. In Oblivion, all of the stores were clearly marked outside with signs. I don't see any signs in Skyrim.
Leveling up is horrible. The whole star chart thing is really annoying and I can't figure out what I've used and what I should be working on....
Where the hell are the beds? When will I ever be able to sleep? I've been running for 3 days in game and I can't find anywhere to sleep!
The secret room in the game is my next stop. I need to get better bows and arrows.
Yeah, kinda annoying that...but there's always hotkeys.
Heehee, you never played Morrowind, did you? :D
Ah, anyways, on a more serious note, there are signs, they're just not always as blatant as they were in Oblivion. TBH though, I rarely if ever actually buy anything besides houses in TES games, and most merchants have tiny amounts of money anyways, so I usually end up just hording ****.
...so, with that in mind, I present, for your consideration, the x88x guide to managing your inventory in Skyrim.
1) Go to your house in Whiterun.
2) Dump **** in a chest.
3) Repeat as required.
Whatever you do the most, get perks in that. Easy way to figure this out if you can't remember what you used most is to look at the levels you have in various skills. If you have a higher skill level in a particular skill, chances are pretty good you've been doing whatever that skill affects more frequently.
Well, there's one in your house in Whiterun, you can get a room at any of the inns for a small fee, you can go and kill all the bandits/etc in a <insert place with bandits/etc here> and sleep in one of their beds....or you could do my personal favorite... Don't sleep. Seriously, the benefits of actually sleeping in Skyrim are minimal; imo it's just not worth the bother.
For arrows, if you're playing on PC I highly recommend the Arrow Smithing mod. Indispensable for archers. Suddenly makes being an archer an economically viable option. :P
http://www.fileplanet.com/223506/220...ching-Mod-v3.0
I havent taken the plastic off my skyrim yet.
I've dedicated my life to this game lately. I've put in about 60 hours just last week. The main Dragon quest is done, but there are still dragons to fight, which is nice.
I chose a side in the war and that's over
I finished the Mages Guild quests
I finished the Dark Brotherhood quests
I'm only doing the side jobs after finishing the main story for the Thieves Guild
I'm still collecting the priests' masks and raiding ruins to wipe out the Foresworn
I think I'll be running out of things to do soon
I am going to buy this when I get back from vegas, because I will then have nothing to look forward to lol.
Watch this and become super powerful!
I made a Daedric bow with a powerful smithing potion then used the smithing potion again to improve the weapon, then I enchanted it with Fire damage and soul trap. At first, I had tried to use an enchanting potion that was too powerful and it would crash my game to the desktop. My weaker enchantment still gives my bow 1.6 million damage total.
I kill anything with just one arrow, including Dragons!