Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Kayin
I think your rig will easily suffice for Skyrim.
I played Oblivion first couple of times through with a rig with 1GB of RAM, a 6600GT and a mid range single core CPU.
It was still great fun, but when I upgraded my PC in 2008 I went back to it, and it was like a whole new game. Going from minimum settings (5 yard view distance, 60 second loading screens) to fluid playing at maximum (I can see that wolf that's about a mile off and a few pixels on my screen) is just epic.
I don't expect my current rig to handle Skyrim in it's full glory, but I'd like not to be playing on mimimum. Hope you're listening Bethseda :P
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
I'm hoping they'll release more details later...I would like to not have to spend $400-500 on a new GPU between now and then...maybe just grab yet another GTX260 for tri-SLI. :P
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
http://elderscrolls.com/
new trailer, its amazingly nice.
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Didn't know we had a Skyrim thread here... I'm looking forward to this but I was also really looking forward to Oblivion which I found quite an anti-climax (having the amazing Morrowind as a predecessor) so this time I'm not going to get so excited. Gives me another reason to build mynew pc though before release day :D
Oh and if it's still being discussed, consoles are for chumps who don't have PCs... And we all have PCs here, even the chumps :D
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
just seeing the gameplay video makes me sure- I REALLY need to upgrade my rig for november
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Hmm, ok, so I meet the recommended graphics requirements...I wonder if they use GPGPU acceleration for the physics engine? I can't get my cards to go into SLI, but assigning one to dedicated CUDA works wonders. ;)
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
or just play it on console for no additional cost to me..
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
Considering it's almost a direct console port, I wouldn't expect wonders, x88x.
Re: elder scrolls V skyrim
:*( Oh Bethsoft, why have you forsaken me?