Thread: how do I take a inspiron keyboard off??

Greco101

Default how do I take a inspiron keyboard off??

I'm sure the keyboards change from brand to brand so its a dell inspiron 5100... I can't figure out how the hell to get it off and I definitely do not want to break anything. Any ideas?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: how do I take a inspiron keyboard off??

You can try looking through here...

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc..._documentation

Otherwise, be careful taking out laptop keyboards. I took mine out and I am having a hard time getting it back in. They have a retarded way of hooking the keyboard up to the motherboard, for 9200's at least. Also, my GPU fan died on me somehow during the process of taking apart my laptop. So now I have my TT Blue Orb II sitting on top of it to dissipate the heat while I order a new fan. ><
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Greco101

Dammit... I typed a big - long story and hit something... pressed back and it was gone.

annnyways, I figured it out after a few minutes of tinkering with it. I was a little worried but it all went back perfectly and now I have a brand new cd/dvd player

It's a good thing I have a strange brain and remember the oddest (usually pointless) things as if they were yesterday... but cant remember what I had for dinner 2 minutes after I ate it. (exaggerating...kinda.) otttherwise I would have had a lot of misplaced and "extra" screws because you damn near need to take out every screw to get to the drive. (although now I'm pretty sure you can just pop it o.O

Thanks anyways snowfire, that link would have helped. Much appreciated. +rep

With my Inspiron 640m the keyboard goes in and comes out surprisingly easily. Had to open it up as the fan had become clogged with dust... Not even a year old... serves me right for not cleaning. But theres always something you need to remember. I forgot where i put some of the screws, so im missing 4 screws from my laptop :p

Greco101

Speaking of which I was surprised to not find a spec of dust in there besides a patch i guess you can call it? where that powdered dust sticks to the metal? Other than that it was spotless.