Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing 3D Printer!

Default Amazing 3D Printer!

I had no idea there was such a thing! 3D Printer <=-
    I always though it would be kewl if you could order something off the internet and get it instantly!

I Just read about in in Popsci. Possibly the Kewlist thing i've ever seen.

Greco101

Default Re: Amazing 3D Printer!

these have been around for years. I was actually planning on buying (pretty DAMN expensive) for my custom/repair/restore shop when I get my businesses going. The have different types that use different materials but a few years ago, I believe I saw a tag for $85,000. o.O

I'm curious what these guys are considering cheap?

wow!!!

I think my uni has one of these for the Formula SAE team..... I remember them mentioning it.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I'm not sure if I understand what it does? Does it print on 3D objects or something?

Maybe if someone could describe what they are used for?

Regular printer = prints on paper
    3D printer = prints on origamis? lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

I think you just insert a plastic block and a laser cuts it to your design,

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D1337 View Post
    I think you just insert a plastic block and a laser cuts it to your design,
    Thats what I was thinking when I looked at it, but I guess the word "printer" threw me off. I'm so used to thinking of a printer in the paper aspect.

The Desktop Factory 3D printer, which has a list price of $4,995, uses an inexpensive halogen light source and drum printing technology to build robust parts layer by layer from composite plastic powder.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Overclocked

The Desktop Factory 3D printer, which has a list price of $4,995, uses an inexpensive halogen light source and drum printing technology to build robust parts layer by layer from composite plastic powder.

The cost of the build material is expected to be about $1 per cubic inch.

The Desktop Factory 3D printer is about the same size as early laser printers with the initial product measuring about 25 x 20 x 20 inches and weighing less than 90 lbs.

The Desktop Factory 3D printer is designed to meet the needs of small design/engineering firms, departments within large companies, and schools. It can be plugged into standard wall outlets, is fully network compatible, and requires no special ventilation.

I've seen some of the things these printers can produce.

The team at uni uses them to produce prototypes of parts they design for their car.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

i want one!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.