Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finished the Industrial Htpc case --- Pics insides...

Austral Alien

Default Re: Steel framed htpc with plexi surface

no, they are only 3v. You can run an LED without a resistor, so the 12v switches will be very dim, unless you can take the resistor out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

That's classified.

According to the Ebay description, the LED is on it's own circuit.

So this will be very simple as there probably is no resistor.

This switch is similar and has no resistor: two contacts for LED @ 3v and two contacts for switch.

Ok,so I will plug the switch led direct on a molex,which one are the positive and negative wire for the 12v?

Austral Alien

Quote Originally Posted by electro143 View Post
    Ok,so I will plug the switch led direct on a molex,which one are the positive and negative wire for the 12v?
    As I said above:

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    You can find 12v on the yellow wires of your PSU's molex connectors.
    To answer your next question, black is negative and red is 5v.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

The switch you were looking at on ebay is a described as a "latching-type" which If I understand that terminology correctly means it stays live/connected when pushed on.

The type of switch you need is a momentary "switch" that makes contact when pushed and drops the contact when released. These are the switches used to trigger the Power supply and computer starting and resetting.

The one redundant linked to looks more appropriate for your purposes unless I have misunderstood what "latching type" means:

Quote Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
    This switch is similar and has no resistor: two contacts for LED @ 3v and two contacts for switch.
    CrazyB

Yeah I saw this one is latching type,I saw a couple of pushbutton from the same seller that are momentary... http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-Momentary-Blue-...QQcmdZViewItem

-----------
    Working in progress : Industrial Style Htpc

Yeah thats a 110V one your gonna have to rig something to power the led. Im going to stop posting in this thread now though because every time anyone does anything helpful you tell them you know it all and you never say thanks and thats getting boring.

Yeah I saw this one is latching type,I saw a couple of pushbutton from the same seller that are momentary... http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-Momentary-Blue-...QQcmdZViewItem

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    Yeah thats a 110V one your gonna have to rig something to power the led. Im going to stop posting in this thread now though because every time anyone does anything helpful you tell them you know it all and you never say thanks and thats getting boring.
    Why,I can't express my own opinion?Go post somewhere elese if you are not confortable here,but don't says that I don't take advice from other users...

P.s : For user that are interested,i found this momentary switch with led on 12v : http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...link:middle:ca
    but I started looking for a lightened selector switch for a better industrial look...

-----------

Why,I can't express my own opinion?Go post somewhere elese if you are not confortable here,but don't says that I don't take advice from other users...
    That's not what I said. what I said was:

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    Im going to stop posting in this thread now though because every time anyone does anything helpful you tell them you know it all and you never say thanks and thats getting boring.
    If that isn't clear: I would defend with my life your right to express an opinion. But I am not going to waste any time on someone who keeps asking questions, saying they know it all and then never thanking anyone who is helpful.

Because all that ^^^^ is plain ignorant.

I've come here tbcs for taking advices from experimented modders,sorry if I don't thank enough the users who helped me,Thank you all for your informations...

-----------