Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TGS's Matrix Challenge!

Default TGS's Matrix Challenge!

Okay boys and girls, it's time once again to show this community what you're made of. That's right, it's another contest giveaway from forum regular TGS (thegreatsatan). Sharpen your pencils, draw the shades, put on your pyramid hats and let the creative mojo flow. If your worklog entry proves superior you will be the proud owner of the Matrix Casemod with Sentinel Creature by none other than TGS himself. He will also be including a photocopy of PC Enthusiast magazine where the mod was featured. Wow, you could own a piece of history . Here is a glance at the goodie...

And here are the details straight from the man's keyboard...

Time to give something away. The contest entails modding a specific component. Some examples would be:

Fan
    Heatsink
    Reservoir
    Case window
    DVD drive
    Floppy drive, etc.

This is not a case modding contest.

When the component is complete it must still work. It must do the job is was made for. The member must explain why his/her mod should be a new version that could be sold in stores. In other words, if you put a window on a CD drive you must tell me why you think manufacturers should put windows on their CD drives. "Because it's cool", will not suffice. Why will people want to buy one of these? How will it help show off their case?

All entries must have worklogs here at TBCS and they must be new projects and new worklogs for this contest, no old mods will be accepted. All participants must be TBCS members with at least 50 posts and in good standing and only one entry per person is allowed.

The winner will receive my [empty] Matrix Case complete with Sentinel creature. I will also include a color photocopy of the PC Enthusiast magazine, where the case appeared. I will ship anywhere in the world, FREE. Contest starts on August 19th. It will end on Thursday, Sept 20th at 11:59 PM Central time.

The contest will be judged by me. The results of which will not reflect badly on TBCS or its staff, it just shows the giving nature of one of it's many members. I'm asking permission to hold it here. This is my favorite site and I want to keep giving back to the members that give me so much.

TGS

On you marks....Get set....MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 08-24-2007 at 07:23 PM.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: TGS's Matrix Challenge!

Double Post?

Nice case... I'll try to find time aside from school to actually enter in a challenge and not say I'm going to "try" to... we shall see...

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

It must do the job is was made for. The member must explain why his/her mod should be a new version that could be sold in stores
    those two sentences make it a little more challenging...
    +rep to TGS when he posts in this thread

ill try something, but school starts on monday which means.. ill sketch in school!

Oh, forgot to mention. Since nobody knew about this other than admins, as far as I'm concerned staff are eligible unless TGS objects. Obviously admins are not, sorry Paul.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Staff is fine by me.

I'll also throw in the Matrix Screen [saver] Locker on CD. It has that cool falling numbers/letters/symbols
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Here is a glance at the screensaver in progress, it's awesome.

Note: Monitor, keyboard, mouse, mousepad, and anything else in this pic other than the mod are not included in the prizes.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 08-25-2007 at 11:08 AM.

Also, PSU's are NOT allowable mods as they are too dangerous to be poking around in.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Why are you donating it for the contest anyway? It's a very nice matching set-up, and unless you build a second matrix case then your gonna most likely have to re-mod your monitor,mousepad and what not.

I threw out the mousepad and mouse. The monitor just had a sticker on it which I peeled off. The keyboard is setting aside
    WH1T3 0U7

i'm assuming we can't say/submit something like i'm redesigning the intel core 2 duo to have 20 core's. so it has to be within todays manufacturing abilities?
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v