Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Motorized Madness!

Default Re: Project: Motorized Madness!

ok, here is another update.

I decided that I needed to remake the side bars for the fan controller. i shouldn't have rounded both ends. so i made these:

here they are installed on the fan controller. -I had to make them longer due to the sides, front and back because of the depth of the knobs and switches.

Then I made the mounting plate for the bottom:

I added some gussets for strength and to limit flexing of the mounts.

This is where it will go in the case.

Then I laid the side cover over it and drew an outline as to where the cut the panel:

here it is cut out. -the bottom of the panel is cut at an angle due to the motion of the panel. the top angles out, but the bottom angles inward.

here it is mounted with the side panel:

here it is angled out.

closed:

opened:

And here it is with the clear side panel mounted to it. -Its clear because I want light to be able to transmit through. but most will be covered.

That is one more motorized part done. Now its on to the IRIS and one other item. I have to include usb ports, a SD media card reader, and I'd like to include a water temperature gauge somewhere, but I'm not sure what to do to motorize it. anyone have any ideas? Ive got lots of room directly above the fan controller. I was thinking about a tube that motorizes out from the side of the case...
    I was thinking about getting one of these: http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-t-...indicator.html anyone have any experience with it?

Later!

As a pre-made option for the iris, how about a follow spot light drop in iris?

AP BC Calculus = Headaches

here are a couple reviews of the temp monitor.

MADSHRIMS review

RBMODs review
    Intel Pent D 2.66Ghz| 2Gigs| 18x DVD-RW| 200, 40 GB| 550W ATX| Zalman 9500

Thanks for the review links. +rep

Dan,

I have the same water temp sensor you are thinking about. I haven't had any problems with it at all. I agree with the first review. The sensor is not entirely accurate, but I feel it does the job. The pics below are of my system. I took them tonight so you could see the temp difference. You can see the thermaltake sensor, and the other temperatur is taken using a commercial temperature gun. I am dismanteling it to use in my mod.

My water circuit is as follows:
    res, pump, rad, cpu, vga, thermaltake sensor, back to res.
    I have the temp gun in the res, right after the sensor (about 10" of tubing away from the sensor).

Can anyone say, 'Cable Management'?

- Remy

BTW, Welcome back from SF. You got out just before the rain got here.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Remy, Thanks for the pics. Interesting idea about the commercial thermometer. Is that an infrared or laser thermometer? if so that may be why you are seeing a big difference in temps. the Thermaltake is actually measuring the water temperature with direct contact. as where an infrared will only measure the temperature surface. -that is just a best guess so, so don't quote me on that. +rep to you.

I'm going to order one of those as soon as I figure out what else I need. I like to combine orders to save on shipping.

Dan

I placed my order for the Thermaltake temp monitor and a few 120mm turbine fans that I'm going to replace the fans in the turbine mod. They look alot more like a turbine than the ones I had. here are the ones I ordered. http://www.xoxide.com/aerocool-xtrem...000-black.html

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to motorize the temperature monitor panel along with a sd media card reader and some usb ports. -Any ideas???? I'm open to any new ideas. I'm trying to do something different with each motorized item.

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

Rather than motorize the panel they are mounted to, you could motorize the panel you are going to use to hide it. Maybe have it slide in like a solid door garage, where they lift up and then slide in.

hmmmmm. Interesting. -that gives me some ideas...

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Fantastic work so far mate, when all the servos are working it will look great.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08