Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Motorized Madness!

Default Re: Project: Motorized Madness!

That iris will be easy to motorize too.. if all the vanes are attached at one point to a static mount, and the second point to a rotating ring, its just a matter of having an actuator push /pull on the ring to open or close the iris.

Also, I was thinking on this, and came up with a another cool idea for this for you. PM me for details

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

you know this thread is gonna get swamped and we are expecting great things my man after your turbine project.
    great renders gives us a really good idea of the direction your wanting to head in.
    good luck man and no doubt another +rep machine

the iris idea :o... brilliant!... +rep for that!... gonna be pure star gate xD
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

if this thing will be close to the turbine its gonna be ass kickin keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww wwwwwllllllllllllll hurry dude i want pics NOW!!!!

if you have the time i would make those shutters for the rad moterized to, like an economizer on a rooftop ac unit.

really cool case though +rep.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

Hey Rendermandan. I just found your turbine project this morning. Now I'll be able to say I got in on the first post now.

On a different note. For the Iris. I was thinking about something that would work. But I forgot it by the time I got here. But an old style vegitable steamer that sits in the pan and has sides that fold still comes to mind. You could mod that piece and use some of the original design since it comes in a round shape to begin with. I hope that little bit helps.

WOW! Can't wait for construction pics. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnson View Post
    Hey Rendermandan. I just found your turbine project this morning. Now I'll be able to say I got in on the first post now.

On a different note. For the Iris. I was thinking about something that would work. But I forgot it by the time I got here. But an old style vegitable steamer that sits in the pan and has sides that fold still comes to mind. You could mod that piece and use some of the original design since it comes in a round shape to begin with. I hope that little bit helps.
    i believe you mean this...

my parents use one. i think he wants it flat so this would open up and stick out. also it would be harder to open and close that. i think the only way to use this would be with some cables pushing in and out. though it would be neat to hide a big red button under it, like a power switch.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

Yeah, thats exactly what I meant. If you were to flatten it out and knock off one side of the part that hinges, I think it would slide out of the way by turning it.
    Or maybe you could try and mimic the design and make it work for you.

Wow, I can tell you guys are really excited! The case and dvd burner should arrive today. I talked to my buddy who has the laser etcher about cutting out the parts for the iris with that. he said we could do it, but not untill next week. -I guess that gives me a little more time to refine the design.

Luke, you are exactly right on how this is designed, the pins toward the inside are the static pivot points and the ring around the outside is what rotates all the blades simultaneously.

Spawn, -I can see where you thought there were shutters for the radiator. that was actually the radiator fins that you saw in the pic. -I just didnt' model the all the fins. -I was planning to cover the outside with the large
    round hole mesh I used on the turbine. But great idea though, I might have to look into that.

I should have some pics of the case up tonight, and hopefully get started on construction this weekend. Have to go buy some more sytrene first. -ALOT MORE!