Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Motorized Madness!

Default Re: Project: Motorized Madness!

I like the sequential opening. I also agree with p0Pe that the LEDs need to be off when the drawer is closed. I think it would be cool to have the draws open and then the lights come on as the rest of the case opens up.

Sweet mod either way
    "You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair. " - Ron Burgundy

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

First one looks cool, closing needs to be slower though.
    Second one looks fantastic, as with the first one closing needs to be slower.

You know what would be cool? If you get them to open like in the second video when you turn the PC on, would be great. Someone would be like "huh, what a plain PC", you say "Press the power button", their reaction would be something like this "Holy CRAP batman", then they get on their hands and knees and start worshiping you as the true genius you are lol .

Anyway enough of that.
    Are you going to program them so you can open any of of the bays etc. at any time or will they always open in sequence?
    I also agree with FrooP and Roughhouse about the LED's.

Fantastic work by the way lol (sorry for the rambling haha).
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

LMAO. Thanks you guys.

I can slow down the closing a bit. The problem with having them go too slow is if they take too long, and the computer shuts off before they are done closing then the servo controller turns off. -But I haven't timed it yet to see how long I have.

As for the Led's. -I know what you mean about them shining through. After its painted and all the kit bashing stuff is on, I was hoping they would not show through. But I could wire in a switch to the servo to have them turn on and off with the motion. -Have to make a stop at radio shack!

As for opening with power on and off. -Already done. I just didn't show it in the video. They automatically open up while window is booting just after the login screen comes on. When I shut it off, they close when the screen says "Windows is shutting down".

I wish I could make them open sooner, but what happens is the servo controller runs off of a USB to Serial Adapter. so the drivers have to load for that to work and then the script file that runs doesn't load untill after a bunch of other stuff loads first. So it takes a little bit before all the action happens.

As for controlling each item individually. -yes. I have icons in a folder that run scripts to each servo to open and close, so if I wanted to close the front intake fan by itself, I can do just that.

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

I like the sequential opening myself. It really looks awesome. It gives you time to apppeciate all of the modules one at a time. I do have a question though. When you power off and you have some open and some closed. Does it automatically open the closed and close the opened. Or does it just make sure that they all close on power off?
    + Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnson View Post
    I like the sequential opening myself. It really looks awesome. It gives you time to apppeciate all of the modules one at a time. I do have a question though. When you power off and you have some open and some closed. Does it automatically open the closed and close the opened. Or does it just make sure that they all close on power off?
    + Rep
    If some are closed before the shutdown. it will leave those closed and close the others. the Same for opening.

Basically the way it works is the controller sends signals to each servo to go to a specific location (rotation) at a specific speed. -so if the servo is already at that location, it just remains there.

Modding the World, One Case at a Time Boddaker's Avatar

Damn man that is way cool! I'm thinking maybe a combination of the two versions would be better. Maybe set the front vents to open simultaneously with the side window, and then all the flip out panels open together. The light trays should open first though. So you would have three groups opening sequentially.
    Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients: Salt; Artificial honey roasting agents; Pressed peanut sweepings.

ATX Mental Case

Omg How Cool Is That!??!?!
    <------------------- look left <---------- left u idiot

Anodized

that video is MAD i would like to have the skill to do that as well very very very good work amazing

Ahahaha!!! Thats great dude! Personally I liked the version where everything moved at once, it is shorter in time but it makes the whole set feel alive-almost..transformeryish
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Ahahaha!!! Thats great dude! Personally I liked the version where everything moved at once, it is shorter in time but it makes the whole set feel alive-almost..transformeryish
    i second that, though i also liked when it did each one by themselves.

man this thing gets better and better +rep indeed!
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v