Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water cooling/custom kits

Anodized

Default water cooling/custom kits

1. Could someone throw together a parts list for a water cooler kit that can cool this processor (if you know a better one, please tell me but please keep it under the 250 doller range), a geforce 8800 gtx and include this too (wanna use it in a mod). I tried but I'm terrible,it's confusing, and I don't wanna mess up.

2. If you could tell me what the volume for the resovir would need to be so I could custom build one.(like i said in another thread, i wanna make my friends and family jealous)

ANY help would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks in advance.
    (its so confusing to proofread this cuz of all the code thingys so sorry for any mistakes. I know i can use the preview button but i could still miss some(i'm such a perfectionist:p ))

AP BC Calculus = Headaches

Default Re: water cooling/custom kits

HERE is another thread that someone started, might help. your WC loop will be different though since you want to have a RAM cooler.

your volume of your res will depend on which one you go with [internal, drivebay, external.]
    Intel Pent D 2.66Ghz| 2Gigs| 18x DVD-RW| 200, 40 GB| 550W ATX| Zalman 9500

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by elbarto241 View Post
    your volume of your res will depend on which one you go with [internal, drivebay, external.]
    well if i went external, how big would I need it to be? is there a limit? like if its too big/small would it do damage?
    Oh and is it okay to do custom shapes instead of the boring cylinder or box?maybe a cross shape, S shape, or a body?

Anodized

ughhh well from my experience (i havnt water cooled yet) that res sizes dont really matter ive seen some peopel set up theres with 27 liters res's and other people use a tline witch is jsut a bit of tubing pointed up in your loop and holds a bit of water so im sure if doesnt matter, i have herad that more water can increase the flow in your loop witch will also help cool it slighlty.

as for the shape im pretty sure it will be safe to use most sizes and shapes as long as you still have the basics like an enter port and exit port and you will need a fill port to. and as long as it doesnt restict the flow of water inside like im thinking an S shape the water might have to turn to much slowing it down and reducing flow witch is something you dont want.

but im no expert on W/C ive just been reading up on it a bit lately cuase i want to w/c soon.

hope that helps you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by xenosagarox View Post
    well if i went external, how big would I need it to be? is there a limit? like if its too big/small would it do damage?
    Oh and is it okay to do custom shapes instead of the boring cylinder or box?maybe a cross shape, S shape, or a body?
    there is no limit and you can do what ever shape you want.

ughhh well from my experience (i havnt water cooled yet) that res sizes dont really matter ive seen some peopel set up theres with 27 liters res's and other people use a tline witch is jsut a bit of tubing pointed up in your loop and holds a bit of water so im sure if doesnt matter, i have herad that more water can increase the flow in your loop witch will also help cool it slighlty.

i don't think it will really effect the flow, but it will stay cooler longer.

as for the shape im pretty sure it will be safe to use most sizes and shapes as long as you still have the basics like an enter port and exit port and you will need a fill port to. and as long as it doesnt restict the flow of water inside like im thinking an S shape the water might have to turn to much slowing it down and reducing flow witch is something you dont want.

as long as the S remains uniform and bigger than the tubing being used it shouldn't affect the ware flow rate.
    cooling all that plus the extra ram coolers its going to be hard to get a good set under 250. or are you watlking about the proc?
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    cooling all that plus the extra ram coolers its going to be hard to get a good set under 250. or are you watlking about the proc?
    Lol watlking? i had a hard time figuring that one out but yeah, i'm talking about only the proc. Not w/bs or kits just the proc itself. Do you think the one i have is good or is there better?

haha sorry about that, it was late at night, plus i type to fast in my head than my fingers i guess. right now the e6600 and e6750 are cheaper by 1 cent so i would go with either of those.

do you have a buget for the water cooling?
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Anodized

haha sorry about that, it was late at night, plus i type to fast in my head than my fingers i guess.
    lol. i do that too! but i have a zboard and i only use the game keyset and not the regular one so i mess up every tenth letter.

do you have a buget for the water cooling?
    nope! but anything under 500 would be good....but considering im making my own res, im pretty sure it won't go above 300. or do you have suggestions that will? as long as i have a KICK ass pump and cpu waterblock, im good, since i know which gtx waterblock i want. and thats all there is to a w/c kit right? res,pump and waterblocks? plus tubes and the liquid of course. plus an adaptor so the 1/4 ram cooler can go with the KICK ass pump.

Anodized

ugghh your forgetting one of the most important things.

the raddiator its jsut as important as the pump, without a rad it will overheat in a matter of seconds, you should get a really good rad if you want a good w/c setup.

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by ghoul View Post
    ugghh your forgetting one of the most important things.

the raddiator its jsut as important as the pump, without a rad it will overheat in a matter of seconds, you should get a really good rad if you want a good w/c setup.
    OOPS! my mind completly slipped on that one! lol wait till i build my own kit. my pcs gonna be a aquarium or something lol