Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Speakers to get?

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Which Speakers to get?

Should I get these Logitech THX Z-5300e.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836121121

Or Bose....

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=349465

I only mention Bose because of it reputation for great sound. Maybe you have an idea for great wireless surround sound
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: Which Speakers to get?

Well the Logitech has the subwoofer,
    . .but I can garrundamntee you the Bose sound better.

IMO, Bose is not worth the money. they are too expensive for what you get. They have brainwashed everyone into thinking they are the greatest thing next to cd's. They do not have great sound if you ask me. The small cube speakers do not recreate an acurrate mid base and mid range section. the speakers do not move enough air for this and the fact that they are paper cone speakers with no tweeter. The base module does a good job of low end bass and low mid bass. If you were to read pink noise thru a real time analyser you would see a massive drop around the midrange section.

Its the marketing that makes people think Bose are good. When in reality they are nothing more than a Kraco brand with a name on it. -yes Bose makes Kraco the same stuff sold at Kmart and Wal-Mart.

I would go with the logitech personally. and thats not just because I have Logitech speakers.

I like Bose, but if you aren't spending a crap load of cash then the quality isn't as good as the top end stuff, that's some sweet stuff. Id say the Logitech, surround sound would be better.

TGS

I just bought a 2.1 baby version of the Logitech and it sounds great, really good, I have to say. I think the speakers are pretty much the same except mine doesn't have the five channel logic and no rear set of speakers. The bass is excellent and you can whack it up for movies and the amount of sound it creates surprising. There is also little distortion at the top end which is good.

"No highs, no lows, must be BOSE!"

Bose is a marketing machine.. they havent done anything good since the 901s, and even those arent that good IMO. Get yourself a T-Amp and a pair of these speakers, and you will be in audio heaven.

Go with the Logitechs if you have to choose from those two. I've had good luck with Altec Lansings also.

If you think Bose sounds good, then you havent heard nearly enough speakers.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

My $30 Altec Lansings seem to be better than some Bose speakers, lol... if I get surround sound, I'm gonna see if I can't get Sennheiser, if they make speakers anyway.

I have the Z-5300es and they are AMAZING. I LOVE the sound they put out. They were SOOOO worth the little cash that they cost (for something of this quality).
    RIP Bucko

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I have the Logitech Z-5500's and I compare to $500+ systems. If you go Logitech, you will not be disappointed.

I've tried those Bose out at Best Buy, and though they sounded pretty decent for 2 channel speakers, I guarantee you'll like the Logitechs more. The only products I really like from Bose lately are their headphones.

-Indybird

Thats three votes from owners for Logitech