Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Desktops Recommendations

Default Wireless Desktops Recommendations

I've been through three wireless desktops: the first, a Logitech Performed flawlessly, the second, Microsog I returned to the store beause the mouse was so poorly designed it stopped working after three weeks. The currrent, a Labtech and my third, may be going back because despite having some great design features like a docking station to charge the mouse, they screwed up on a few basics.

After one week the mouse squeals when the wheel is used. And the mouse does not clearly display when it is charged so often half way through the day I end up using a wired PS2 mouse while the pretty little Labtech sits there charging How annoying that will be two months from now makes me realise I won't be using it then.

Would anyone steer me towards anything other than going back to Logitech?

Default Re: Wireless Desktops Recommendations

I would say Logitech is your best bet..... but that's just me. Look at a G7
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

I got an MX5000 desktop set up a few days ago, omg uber pwnage if i do say so myself. For those that don't speak mild geek, oh my lord, this desktop set-up is very nicely made, and performs as well as it looks. I still use my G5 when i'm sitting at the desk, because i don't wanna toss it.

Is awesome

Someday i just may go wireless. It would be useless to go wireless because my computer is right here, but hey, my 2 button 1 scrollwheel compaw mouse has to die someday...
    You love my sig.

logitech and trust are of the best wireless dektops, i say trust as there normally the old logitech designs sold to trust.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

My Logitech EasyCall owns hard. Not much else to say.
    RIP Bucko

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    My Logitech EasyCall owns hard. Not much else to say.
    Mine does too. EasyCall FTW!

BTW I've been using my EasyCall Desktop for over a year now. I haven't been disappointed with it yet. The only time I don't like it, is when once a month or less you have to change the batteries. But thats after the red light blinks for two weeks, warning you that your batteries are dying. Two month battery life or more? Awesome.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

well cheers guys seems we r all singing from the same songsheet. logitec win all the way. funny how a company can do that: gain an edge no one else ever quite matches in a niche market.

I didn't know I can put a custom title Dilphat's Avatar

Yea logitec. they make pretty good wireless desktop pieces. also, if you don't mind modding the keybaord you can put a wireless setup so that you can put it into the keyboard so no more touching the power button when you are far away and you have your keyboard near u. haha
    Do origami to calm yourself when something doesn't make sense or fit! haha, if all else fails get the paper you folded and burn it for no apparent reason.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I have been using a Microsoft wireless desktop for a couple of years now. The keyboard and mouse are solid and the AA batteries in them last for ages. Also the mouse has put up with a lot of punishment and has held up like a champ.
    Need a sig