Thread: Motherboard standoffs

Default Motherboard standoffs

I'm starting a new mod, making most of the case from scratch. One part I decided not to fabricate was a motherboard tray and backpanel. But I found one which is missing three standoffs and all screws. Does anyone know what sizes these are?

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Default Re: Motherboard standoffs

Not sure what size thread they are, but you can buy a set of them:

http://www.mountainmods.com/brass-mo...ack-p-203.html

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Radio shack also sells them in packs too.

I use to like radio shack, but they were taken over by circuit city and have gone right down the toilet.

Anodized

I made a tray from scratch using #6-32 bolts & plastic 1/8" spacers..don't have pics up in my worklog yet, but it's getting there in the next few days. I cut groves in the plexi the same width as the nuts, and glued the nuts in the board so they can't spin. I prolly should have just threaded it, but i was worried about the threads holding up in the plastic.

If you look up atx specs (google it) you'll see the mobo hole dia. is about .15", right between #6 and #8 bolts.
    "the bada and the bing"

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moon111 View Post
    I use to like radio shack, but they were taken over by circuit city and have gone right down the toilet.
    I found that nobody has any sort of SATA, SATA II, or SATA 3GB/s cables, don't even bother... just make sure you order some or something. I wasted half a tank of gas to find this out today... what is it with stores and being "teh sucxorz"?

I'm with what 'is name, I'd probably order some. Speaking of which, I should get a variety just so I have some on hand for various things...