Thread: new system

Default new system

hey all, i'm getting ready to put in an order for a full new system. I was just wondering what you all thought about these parts, and if you could think of different ones that are slightly better/cheaper. My max budget is around 500 dollars w/out S&H or tax.

Video Card & PSU bundle

Mobo

CPU

RAM

I already have a case, cd drive, and hard drive.

Overclocked

Default Re: new system

not bad but upgrade that cpu to a e6600 or e6700 its faster and is worth the upgraded.. but for a basic system thats not that bad just the cpu is a bit weak...

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

That CPU does need to be replaced, I got my 2.66ghz Pentium D for like $80 before I got that two year warranty (which I still don't think I need... me and my paranoia after having a **** Socket A die on me after like a month or two)...

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    not bad but upgrade that cpu to a e6600 or e6700 its faster and is worth the upgraded.. but for a basic system thats not that bad just the cpu is a bit weak...
    I have to disagree. The first review I read on Newegg talked about a 900MHz OC (got it to 2.7GHz). That is NICE.

Looks like a great system man. I'd say it's well worth the $500 budget you have.
    RIP Bucko