Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: STAGE 2 - new mobo still problems... but different ones!!

Default Re: STAGE 2 - new mobo still problems... but different ones!!

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    Thanks Alex. Good luck with the mobo problem guys... I can't really think of any other way to help. Sort of... lost at the moment when it comes to problems, I've had too many lately and school is speeding up, blegh. Too much to do.
    Tell me about it! I am in class from 8am to 6pm with two 30 minute breaks in there. So I'm at a desk learning for 9 hours! And then the horrid commutes from outer city to inner city. It sure is pretty brutal at times.
    Peace, love and Anarchy!

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I have college, and hardly any time for my work, even though I have a lot, I have too much to figure out at home, school starts to pick up and everything else goes to hell. WHY?

I hope the whole MB problems gets sorted ASAP and that I have been of some help. Good luck with the school work guys I'm sure you'll get it sorted. When it rains it pours eh...?
    'All I know is my gut says, "Maybe".'

thanks guys for all your help...as soon as i have the funds im going to drop it off at the local computer shop and have them look at it. the shop i have used in the past charges 25 for diagnosis, but all they did to check my mobo was short the two pins in the power supply and said yup its your mobo that willl be $25 so i threw i fit and left... i wont be going back there becaus ethat it a test i already did and explained that to them but they didn't much care. but there are two other in town i will call and see what their rates are.

EDIT: everyone in town charges $50 for diagnosis which can be subtracted from total bill if they do the work...bit expensive for me so yeah it'll be a while.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Where'd you get the mobo from? You could RMA it and just get another one... unless that isn't an option. o0

Quote Originally Posted by bflanigin View Post
    thanks guys for all your help...as soon as i have the funds im going to drop it off at the local computer shop and have them look at it. the shop i have used in the past charges 25 for diagnosis, but all they did to check my mobo was short the two pins in the power supply and said yup its your mobo that willl be $25 so i threw i fit and left... i wont be going back there becaus ethat it a test i already did and explained that to them but they didn't much care. but there are two other in town i will call and see what their rates are.

EDIT: everyone in town charges $50 for diagnosis which can be subtracted from total bill if they do the work...bit expensive for me so yeah it'll be a while.
    Is there anyone at school you can ask? You'd be surprised how many out there know computers. I would recommend RMA of your motherboard though. So you'd have to return to the place you bought it. If newegg or another online source you'll need to contact them. At any rate try and haggle a deal with a shop, I think you will be pleasantly surprised that if they listen to what you have already diagnosed and that you are a student you may be able to break away with a better deal.

Keep your head up!
    -Cheers
    Peace, love and Anarchy!

Quote Originally Posted by bflanigin View Post
    ...25 for diagnosis, but all they did to check my mobo was short the two pins in the power supply and said yup its your mobo that willl be $25 so i threw i fit and left...
    Wonderful customer service that! If I were you I'd pay the extra money but actually get a decent test done, that is if you take it to a shop. Though I definitely agree with Alexander, if your school has an IT department or theres anyone around who really knows the ins-and-outs of computers such as an IT teacher it might be worth asking them how much they know about it and if they'd be willing to test it for you. However, if you can return the MB direct to the place you bought it from that would be the most ideal option so I think it's worth contacting the vendor to see if thats possible. Good luck with it mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stockholm1984 View Post
    However, if you can return the MB direct to the place you bought it from that would be the most ideal option so I think it's worth contacting the vendor to see if thats possible. Good luck with it mate!!
    GIVEN that we KNOW Newegg were shipping from a faulty batch from their own page -see reviews - my advice 'a la Elvis Presley' is:

/me sings:

"Return to Newegg, address is known.
    It don't power, this one's a bum.
    We had a quarrel, this mobo's splat
    I write Im sorry just send another back.

So then I dropped it in the mailbox
    And sent it special d.
    Bright in early next morning
    A replacement came to me."

Last edited by Crazy Buddhist; 09-20-2007 at 05:14 AM. Reason: m ... selling pistake

Oh god!

Quote Originally Posted by Stockholm1984 View Post
    Oh god!
    Sorry ... couldn't help it ... am feeling lyrical ... I think because the Frankly Furtive Forum has given my mind a meandering tendancy and backward bending tilt