Thread: Navy Secrets Exposed.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Navy Secrets Exposed.

The design of US naval submarine propellers is a closely guarded secret but on microsoft live maps you can see the image of a submarine under the construction and you get to see its top secret 7 bladed propeller. Apparently some guy stumbled across it when looking for houses in the area,

News Article
    Need a sig

Greco101

Default Re: Navy Secrets Exposed.

That's what happens when the morons don't cover things up... the U.S. is simply retarded to put it lightly.

The U.S. Is not the only country to slip up like this. Years ago Digital Globe satellites picked up images of secret activity in Israel (don't remember exactly what it was, but it was weapons related). The images were taken down as soon as they realized the mistake and even to this day several areas in Israel are "blacked out" or show blurred images. This happened to China, and Japan too that I know of.

When I was arriving at my ship for the first time, it was in dry dock at Pascagula, Mississippi and the Screws (both of them) and the sonar dome were both covered from prying eyes. I later got to see under the covers and was quite impressed by the dual variable pitch screw setup. A year and a half later I got to stand on the during a swim call... Imagine 30 knots forward to full stop in less than the length of the ship (~370'). They called it "Emergency Crash back".
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    That's what happens when the morons don't cover things up... the U.S. is simply retarded to put it lightly.
    Not retarded, but probably hard to manage. This country is huge, look at the size of a European country compared to ours, big difference. Different things work for different places and peoples. But yeah, they should really have something set up to keep our military installations from being photographed, just not good business.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Oh now you done it. I can hear the black choppers and the MIB coming down the road. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!! lol. You can find it on google earth too but you only get a 2D view.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bopher View Post
    Oh now you done it. I can hear the black choppers and the MIB coming down the road. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!! lol.
    We're all gonna die! Ahhhhh!

That or nothing will happen, but I"m quite sure somebody's very unhappy about this.

Accdents happens, just when its themiltarry accidents happen, they get more publicity

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

I have seen some strange things on Google Maps/Earth, a bit of Military p0rn is nothing...

I must find away to hack Google and put a UFO on the maps...

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I have seen some strange things on Google Maps/Earth, a bit of Military p0rn is nothing...

I must find away to hack Google and put a UFO on the maps...
    You could always create a UFO model in sketchup and submit it to google earth with some good lat/long and elevation; 10,000' or more ...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!