Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I HATE Vista's Defragmenter!

D'Oh

Default Re: I HATE Vista's Defragmenter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    I watched it to.

dgrmkrp, can you try to find that utility?

I use a PerfectDisk 8 to defrag, I find it works well.
    I'll look for it.. no promises tho, it might have been formated along with vista.

I use o&o too, quick, nice scheduling and all kinds of nifty options for how the data should be approached. I use the "access" way of de-fragmenting data and the "space" one, depending what data is on the partition.. One thing is I never really thought about defragmenting while I had vista.. Only because I was looking at what button does what and what has changed, I noticed the weird approach MS had with their utility.. weird indeed..

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Dude...totally!

Vistas always given my decent SATA drives a pretty low score as well, something around 4.2. i had vista installed on an older 40 gig ATA100 and it only scored a few points lower. I can only guess that either means theyre giving plenty of head room for future advances, or raptors really rock for vista

D'Oh

I got a 5.something for a 300gig hdd, with about 20 gigs free on a 40gig partition, and a friend of mine had an identical hdd, but with more free space and he got 5.7, which was more than my score.. I'm not sure I should say that free space is rated, but we have the same western digital 320gig sata2, 16mb hard drive, so there shouldn't be any difference. Both were clean installs.. one was an amd based pc (mine) and the other a core 2.. Again, I'm not going to say that there is a score difference from that difference, cause that would mean the memory subsystem used by the intel board is better...

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|