Thread: New build

ATX Mental Case

Default New build

I just found out that the mobo in my emachines is a MicroATX. I really like small cases, and it would help a lot since I don't have too much space on this desk.

I wanted to find something that looked good, and wouldn't have a problem cooling. I love the looks of the Lanbox Lite.

The only thing that I really see a problem with is a fan controller and lighting. I wanted to somehow get some UV lights going in there, but I wouldn't know how since it probably wouldn't accept a cold cathode. And as for a fan controller, I have no clue which one to get. I don't think it would fit anyway, since 3DGameman showed the flip-forward things for the 5.25" drive bays in the review.

And does anybody sell 60mm lighted fans, or am I out of luck?
    E2180 (2.0ghz) | 2GB DDR2 800 Tracers | 8600GT 256mb | XFX 610i nForce mobo | Lanbox Lite
    Intel Atom 230 - 1.6ghz | 2GB DDR2-667 | 945GCLF Mini-ITX | Apex MI-100 case

Default Re: New build

You will be able to put a cold cathode in there. They are all about 12" long, and you have plenty of space.

A fan controller will fit, just find a 5.25" or a 3.5" and it'll work. They aren't any longer than a normal drive. Buy whatever you think looks cool.

You're probably out of luck with the fans.
    RIP Bucko

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: New build

Ok, thanks for the tips. Do you know of any good 3.5" controllers? Most of the ones I see are 5.25"

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the Nexus Fan controller with some cold cathodes. Perfect!
    E2180 (2.0ghz) | 2GB DDR2 800 Tracers | 8600GT 256mb | XFX 610i nForce mobo | Lanbox Lite
    Intel Atom 230 - 1.6ghz | 2GB DDR2-667 | 945GCLF Mini-ITX | Apex MI-100 case