Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Give me your ideas

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Default Re: Give me your ideas

If you want to refract the light, frost the plexi.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

I need some more ideas guys. I really want to build some stuff, but have no ideas, yet too much time. I have a shed to work in, a 20' x 5' sheet of aluminum, a gallon of bondo, assorted tools, every screwdriver there is, money, access to places where I can get materials, a Dremel with all of the needed attachments, including some like a jigaw, a 6' acrylic tube, everything I would ever need. I just need something to use it for. So, anymore ideas?

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Two ideas:

Build a space shuttle PC case, or any NASA themed case.
    Build a model of a locomotive cab as a PC case.

I intend to build that locomotive cab, but I just don't have time to start on it.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Well, I have a design that I created, I call it "Frame'd". Its been sitting on an external hard drive for a few months now. I like to occasionally look at it, just because I think its cool looking. Its still a rough draft, I haven't bothered to rethink designs and methods of construction and all that yet, just because I probably won't ever build it. But I like it, its simple, kind of different looking, and it would probably be pretty easy to build as there aren't any curves or odd shapes. The reason why its all squares and rectangles and straight lines is because it would of been my first mod if I went through with it, so I didn't want to make it too complicated to build. So I designed it around the abilities that I'm capable of. ...including my sketchup abilities. lol So don't laugh, I'm still pretty noobish in 3D modeling. ><

Anyways, you can use it, chop it up, or just look at it to maybe get some ideas flowing. Like I said, its not a very good chance that I will ever build it or make a final draft.

Download Sketchup File Here.

What do you guys think? Pretty cool or pretty lame? lol I thought it was pretty cool looking at least.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

ATX Mental Case

how about a pimp computer complete with lots of chrome and some spinners for your fans, underglow, tuck and roll front cover, fuzzy dice, a chromed out radiator grill, benz emblem, a diamond cdrom bezel, and hydrolics.

Recently I was just thinking about the glass keyboard that was suggested. It's actually a very intersting idea, and certainly different. Since I don't really have any way of forming the glass, I would basically have to just cut and adhere. I have cut-off discs for my Dremel for specifically cutting glass. But, I could also try to make sort of like a mold, a form of a key, and then heat a square of glass up with a torch and attempt to form it into the shape of a key.

But I could also use acrylic in place of glass. Not only that, but I could still form acrylic with a torch, the same way as mentioned above, but even easier. I think I'll really look into that idea.

ATX Mental Case NamesAreUseless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    But I could also use acrylic in place of glass. Not only that, but I could still form acrylic with a torch, the same way as mentioned above, but even easier. I think I'll really look into that idea.
    But, acrylic can burn if you heat it up too long, and glass doesn't
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    I came in here expecting furries, I leave disappointed..

But if you do it right, you can smooth out and bend acrylic easily, with no negative effects. I wouldn't be applying a high powered direct flame to it.

AP BC Calculus = Headaches

i gotta go with DaJe on this one. the right amount of heat plus acrylic will produce a nice product and isnt as complicated as working glass. plus its also alot safer! never heard of anyone getting a cut from acrylic
    Intel Pent D 2.66Ghz| 2Gigs| 18x DVD-RW| 200, 40 GB| 550W ATX| Zalman 9500

Well then, I should really sit down and tell you some stories sometime.