Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HDD Squeals More Than My Brother

Default Re: HDD Squeals More Than My Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    and if csi has any truth go get some neodymium magnets and play with the harddrive for a couple of minutes.
    lol yeah .. or just download a hard disk wiper that runs random blanks and ones over every spot on the disk half a dozen times. That pretty much does the same job.

or that, i just thought magnets would be more fun.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    or that, i just thought magnets would be more fun.
    Thats true ... lol

For most fun of course, one removes the platter and takes my favourite tool, the hammer, to said piece of Ceramic.

However this makes the cunning "out of warranty but I am RMA'ing it to you anyway" ploy that XcOM and I have both succeeded with on many an occassion very, very, difficult.

Last edited by Crazy Buddhist; 09-09-2007 at 05:21 AM. Reason: linkage

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    I actually think this thing is infested too... gonna clean it up as best I can with HouseCall as it wants to reboot when I use my installed stuff... ****ing WWIII but with viruses, blech. I hope this works, but me and my lazy ass can always just do a clean install and redownload all the stuff I had before, mods, MMORPGs, etc.
    I dont think this disk is faulty at all ... I think your security measures and computer cleanliness need an overhaul. Thats why it's taking ten minutes to boot ya numbnuts !!!

Which means this thread would be a totally useless waste except for two things:

1/ it's been funny as hell
    2/ it leaves useful information for others

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Glad to know someone's at least laughing at jokes, whether or not they're mine.

I just got Comodo firewall to replace ZoneAlarm... much better it seems, that and new firewalls are always hardasses until they learn about your system and all. But yeah, HouseCall helped a lot, and my PC booted right up, I think I'm doing better now, but I'm still getting that SATA... and I learned something and feel like a complete dumbass! But yeah... lesson learned = not wasted time. :p

Almost had me a'squealin' too. But omfg, 37 various pieces of spyware and an unknown amount of viruses? BOB SAGET!

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

UPDATE:

The hard drive I bought is teh kaput, so I'ma RMA it and just get one from Staples tomorrow, hopefully for around the same price. Note to all: Do not get OEM stuff (fragile stuff mainly) as it is only a little cheaper and only worth it in bulk, and they usually don't care about stuff as much if it's just one thing being shipped. Just some advice. Let's hope this is done tomorrow, as this ****'s dragged on for a week and it's getting old, lol. Wish me luck.