Thread: Einstein takes some kids to see Satan

Default Einstein takes some kids to see Satan

Apparently this was a claymation for children that got banned.

Doesn't seem too strange...

Default Re: Einstein takes some kids to see Satan

It's quite interesting, but not for kids, it would proberly give them nightmares.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

That was utter genius. Whoever created that claymation has a beautiful, if not scary, imagination. Having "Satan" hold his face like it were a porcelain mask on a stick was a nice touch, definitely added a cool creepy factor to his character.

If I were to venture a guess as to what the real real Satan would be like, whether real or not, I would have imagined him fairly similar to the one in that video. Kind of like a scientist without emotion or morality.

It looked like there was more to the video, but someone took an excerpt from the whole. Does anyone know what the full video is called or if its on youtube anywhere? or even who the puppet master behind this creation would be handy. I bet he's one of those reclusive types.

...I want to play with some clay now lol maybe create my own village and have an "unfortunate meteor accident"... muahahaha lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

It's an out take from the Adventures of Mark Twain (Comet Quest in the UK) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088678/_). Pick it up on DVD, it's a fun watch that's introduces some of Mark Twain's more obscure stories through scenes like "Mysterious Stranger" shown in this clip.

Wikipedia

Amazon

Netflix

Maybe it was in banned. Disney edited out this clip before they re-broadcast it.

BTW, the creator is Will Vinton. The raisins commercial and follow-up kids show that ran in the US being his most recognizable work. Check out the concept art for Satan: Art Gallery

Take Elenril's Project L'amour and Bod's BSG together for a floating island on top of the case with Satan in the middle and small clay figures falling down the sides and etched plexi lighting crashing around using a sequencer. The case would be all black with fiber optic stars to complete the island floating illusion.

<me>rolls over to the Idea forum to post</me>

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

That was some pretty good claymation... and an interesting video... hmm... did any of you notice how the characters looked a little similar to those in the Harry Potter series? At least the hair colors/styles were almost the same, lol.

EDIT: Censoring sure is annoying though, simple minded people that don't really think about things seem to just ban anything and everything. Life isn't all flowers and cookies, there's a dark side too that, as horrible and sucky as it is, it's there, and they need to stop making it like it doesn't exist. People seem to lie to themselves too much, and that's one thing I'm trying to stop doing.

Censorship for adults is problematic and usually done for the wrong reasons. Kids are a special case though. Some can handle the "darker" side, others obsess about little things. Granted kids eventually need to grow up but the timing of when they need to be introduced to difficult concepts is tricky.

I know my 7 yr old cousin cried for a week and almost gave himself an ulcer when he saw a news report saying that space lab was falling out of orbit and would crash into earth. He was absolutely convinced that it was going to hit his house and he couldn't save his family. Definitely a little kid who shouldn't have been watching the evening news.

I'm not a parent so I'm talking out my butt here. As a parent, how do you catch something like this video which is a rated G cartoon that looks like a fun animation flick but is really Mark Twain's articulate existentialist rant against church, religion, and the human race? Reading some of his more obscure stories, dude was dark but satirical so he got away with it at the time. You can find most of his stories online if you want to read more.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Kids are confusing. It's hard to really know what to have around them and what to not have around them, they are pretty much a blank slate from the start and that time is when a good portion of their personality is defined. Just like with the space lab, if they understand there's more of a planet than just his house, he'd have been alright, but we all are human and make mistakes, so may as well take it as a good learning experience instead of just a waste, almost...

I'm hitting a time of my life where I'm changing a lot... I'd been sheltered and ignorant to a lot of things I my personality is going through a massive overhaul, my old beliefs are no longer anything of too much interest to me, at least in the sense that I no longer truly believe in those things, most are just stubborn, close minded, somewhat stupid beliefs... at least I'm questioning what I do and used to and do believe, thinking is something I thrive on, and it's something that I may be doing too much of as I have trouble stopping, but right now I'm more optimistic about it... /rambling.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Well, that was very interesting. It was very deep, dark and creepy. Nonetheless though, it was well done. Amazing animation and very interesting and detailed characters.

Kids, I don't don't know about. I'm finally done being a "kid", I'm more of an adult right now (much more mature than everyone else I know). I grew up pretty fast, when it comes to knowing about the darker side of life. I'm not sure about how much I know now in comparison to what really exists but I don't feel like I've been sheltered from anything.

Neeways, a very cool video (not sure I could watch the whole thing but), interesting to watch. +rep

-Indybird