I'm sure this mod has been thought of more than once, but I'd like to design my new case around the idea.

I've got it all down on paper, just have a few questions that I'd like input on.

The goal of the mod is create a simplistic looking case with minimal metal parts showing. Wires are going to be fed through frosted plexi tubes around the corners of the case to minimalize clutter, I plan to do similar for IDE/SATA cables. The case has a clear acrylic theme with blue LEDs.

Question 1: Overall Construction

There are two main ways that I can construct the case. The first method would be a standard tower design. The power supply would be mounted on the bottom of the case, with compartment division to separate it from the motherboard area.

The second method is a la DangerDen cases. It would be a double layered case as well, only the motherboard would be sitting flat as if it were on a table. The hard drives, optical drives, and power supply would be mounted underneath.

Looking to get input on what would be better. I like the idea of the second design, would be great for air flow, only problem would be having to place it on my desk rather than underneath, though I guess I could put it underneath as well, would still be practical.

Question 2: Disguising

Currently I have plan to stealth the optical drives, replacing the face plates with frosted plates, and I'll be rerouting the open buttons to the top corners of the case.

My question is about aesthetics more than anything else. I don't like the idea of the hard drives/optical drives being visible, I also don't want to see the hardware of the power supply. I plan to rebuild my power supply using plexi surrounds and frosting them to cover the look of the internals. I also plan to potentially put a frosted plexi shroud over the optical drives and hard drives.

In your opinion, would that be visually appealing? With the entire case being clear, it might be distracting to have large frosted elements inside. Curious as to what might look better -- Leaving the optical/hdd/psu elements visible, or frosting them all.

Thanks for any and all input.