Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Atomic Live - AUS

Default Re: Atomic Live - AUS

Make sure to take pictures of the booth babes!
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Make sure to take pictures of the booth babes!
    Now we're talking.

But um yeah, I think I'll sit this one out *looks at airfare from Wisconsin to Sydney..*

Yeah, nope. God, maybe I should just move to Australia already...
    RIP Bucko

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

But if you move to Australia you can't order from Newegg. Sucks... and I'm the lunatic that wants to move to Antarctica, lol.

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

I went to Atomic Live today! Unfortunately Simon couldn't make it because of uni, but I did meet Bucko there, which was nice. It's great to meet fellow forum-goers IRL.

To be honest, it wasn't as good as I expected. It was basically a big advertising-fest. I did get a lot of freebies, but most of it was useless junk, like pens, shirts, and a hell of a lot of lanyards. Thanks to Bucko I did get a free 1GB USB drive, which was probably the best free thing there. There were a few games on display like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Fury, overclocking displays, a CS tournament, but most of it was company stands advertising their products. The company stands weren't even good either because they all seemed to assume that I was the unwilling girlfriend dragged along by the geeky boyfriend, and tended to address my friend far more. There weren't even case mods or anything. I ended up leaving pretty early.

However, there were some very worthwhile booth babes (or at least they were worthwhile in my friend's opinion). We only managed to get a photo with one of the nvidia girls, but I'm sure the atomic booth boy and the vested people are just as good.

So, on with the obligatory photos:

Speedbuilding competition (it was a bit unequal because the guy on the far right (who isn't in the picture) hadn't been given any cables, and he had a dud monitor which didn't turn on. The guy on the left won.) :

GRAW & Fury gaming:

There were some pretty sweet overclocking setups:

Booth babes & boys:

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Sweet pics Elenril! All those 900's make me jealous. (kicks piece of crap that I call a case)

Is that you in those last couple pictures? lol, Diggin' the shoe laces. :p

Lanyards and nVidia babes FTW! Can never have too much of either if you ask me.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

There was a very sad lack of computers aside from the gaming machines, but they were pretty nice. The only computer manufacturer there was Asus with their notebooks, the other stalls were just cooling and graphics cards and stuff like that.

Yep that's me. Thanks, those shoe laces go (or rather, clash) with every item of clothing I own, they're awesome!

I've decided that being a booth babe would be awesome, because you get to wear geeky clothing and advertise computer parts, while looking totally hot. I seriously have so many lanyards I don't know what to do with them all. I think I'll give them to my friend who works at a shop where the only thing that identifies the staff from the customers is a lanyard around their neck.

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.

Looks like ya had fun! Nice shoelaces

Austral Alien

I had to laugh at the AMD guy when he did his presentation on how good the ATi cards are.
    They played their fancy high definition video to show it off, and, *snigger* it lagged when the going got tough!

You didn't get a picture with Bucko?

Austral Alien

nope, we were too dumb to think of that.