Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which Graphics card??

Default which Graphics card??

i have got this mobo

http://www.directron.com/p5s800vm.html

and i wanted to get a grapics card for it. i have a budget of £100 and was wondering if anyone could reccommend a good card.

thanks Joe

Case Wizard

Default Re: which Graphics card??

That would be about $200 USD right?

I heard news that some of Nvidia's 8 series will have an AGP interface. Not sure when they will come out.
    http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20070904PD209.html

yeh, it is pretty much $200.

thanks

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I would just buy new parts, AGP is horribly outdated.

My 7800GT made me a believer in PCIe. <3

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

ok, so if i had £150 ($300 us) to spend on a mobo and a graphics card, what would people recommend, i am only using it for the internet and some pretty old games (X2: the threat and age of empires).

thanks for any help.

Joe

i ave an intel celeron D procesor it is 3.2ghz. if i got a new motherboard as well i would quite like one that i could overclock. Also seeing as i have just got paid i now have £150 - £200 ($400 us). to spend. any help is much appreciated as i dont have a clue when it comes to hardware.

thanks joe

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Look into getting an ASUS one... look up motherboards in that brand and that have the same socket as your CPU and also that have a PCIe slot. Look around and check to see how good the reviews are and get one with good reviews, and see how much you have left over for a video card and look around for one of them too, lol. I'd send you some Newegg links, but they don't ship overseas.

ok thankyou. if u can send me some links anyway thats great as i will probably be able to get them over here anyway. i wanted to get a motherboard that would facilitate me upgrading my processor in the near future, (couple of months) i dont know what to but whatever i could get for £150.

thanks

joe

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Well... you could easily get an 8600 something or other and a good motherboard which would be like ~$200-250 for the video card and maybe ~$50-100 for a good motherboard. What socket CPU do you have?

i think i may go for this mobo
    and this graphics card. what do you think? would this allow me to upgrade to a better processor in the future?
    i have an intel celeron d processor, socket lga 775.
    thanks for any help.
    joe