Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2 L.A.N. PC.

Default Re: Battlefield 2 L.A.N. PC.

I started constructing my remote power switch that will look like the C4 detonator on Battlefiled 2.

I went to my local Home Depot and picked up this wireless and battery operated doorbell. Its made by Chime Design, model# WD-1120, and was only $10 U.S.

I first ripped the entire thing apart.

Secondly I wired the 5V relay I bought at radio shack to the receiver. I used solder and hot glue to insulate.

I then glued the receiver into a small project box I also picked-up at Radio Shack.

I wired the receiver to my pc using this diagram. No final pics because I was simply testing to make sure it works.

With a new remote power switch, I have to make this project box look like the detonator from BF2.

I plan on completing this box tomorrow; a little cutting and gluing should do the trick.

Comeback tomorrow to see the final results on the detonator.

Danthegeek.

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

WARNING To 56K

Ok I started my detonator today and actually finished but, it doesn't look like the one off of BF2. Its close but definatly not the same but I still like it. The best part is it only cost me about $20 to make in total.

Anyways some pics.

EDIT - I took a project box and wrapped it in foam insulator for pipes to give it a rubber feel.

I then started wraping the thing in some cloth I bought a wal-mart. it was cheap ($1 a yard).

I also decided to make an antenna for it using cloths hanger, a bic pen, and hot glue. No it is not functional, purely for looks.

I then cut out the needed holes in the metal plate. One hole for the on/off, one for the led, and the other for an off switch to save the batteries .

I then mounted the buttons and underside for the switch.

Ok, Finished. I used some paint to give it a weird look but didn't work to good on the sticker. Paint seemed to dry before getting to it. Heres some final pics, but I still need to clear coat the top. I did paint over the Led because I burnt it out, ill stop at radio shack tomorrow and get another one.

Thanx for lookin

Dan the Geek.

Well, the more I looked at the detonator the less happy with it i became so I made a few modifications.

I got a new LED and a new switch.

I also made a new custom sticker with a few added features

and some fun pics

Dogtags

The bullets are mine, just .22 caliber. I used about 150 of them in this pic . I bought them from an outdoor store a few months ago, but i cant remember the name of it. . They were cheap so i picked up a box of 500.

I didnt get anything done today but i do have some pics as promised

This is the front view of the case. I used a little bondo to make the edges nice and straight. I will also be making a new door for this asap. I hope it turns out!

I did a little modding to the to the remote AGAIN. I needed some stripes so a little masking tape and a razer blade helped me out with this. Note it is all done freehand, not bad for my first time.

A night shot of the working led on the remote, Im not sure why i never posted any pics of this before.

Well, that is it for now. More work on this tomorrow.

Danthegeek.

Thanks for the comments.

As for the switch cover, I do still have both ones so I can choose which one to keep. Im more partial to the original one myself but, the striped one matches the remote from BF2

Thanks again.

danthegeek

Well I did some more work on my case today. I made the motherboard tray, well actually modified an existing one. It was take out of a cheapo $10 case . Since the tray and rear panel were in seperate pieces I riveted them together.

In this pic you can see the two pieces together. I also painted the thing to give a nice clean finish even though it will probably never be seen.

In this pic you can see the two pieces of angled aluminum that was attached to the back of the MB tray. This is for structural support as well were the screws will hold the tray to the case.

And a quick preview of how this all fits in the case. Note that i am not dealing with much room left .

I also tried to make the front door for the case but that didnt go so well. I dont have any pics of it because I got extremely frustrated with it, beat it with a hammer, and threw it in the woods.

thanks again

-dantheggek

Well I cant get a worn look with sketchup so heres the color im thinkin about goin with. I know it looks a little off but trust me when I say, It will not on the real case .

More work on it tomorrow.

I have a sketchup for the top panel and lid configuration

The speakers are to the right and a storage panel for wires to the left

A closer look at the panel

And a closer look at the logo for the top. The part in white will be cut out of the top piece and frosted plexi will be added. I will use white leds to make it glow.

Thanks again

Well I did a little bit of work on the case today. I did have to stop when the drill slipped and I cut my finger to the bone. But anyways some pics are what you guys want so here you go.

I mounted some 90 degree angled aluminum on the inner part of the case for some support and for the top panel to have a place to mount to.

Heres an overall picture of the case so far.

On the front panel you can see were I cracked the bondo from moving the face plate back. It wasnt straight enough and a little more bondo will have it looking pretty again.

I bet you cant guess how many rivets are in this case so far.

The answer is : 42 and im not done yet. . I still have to rivet the hinges, latches, MB tray, hard drive cage, DVD rom cage, etc. Uhh

Anyway, I took the idea you guys thew in into consideration. But instead of having just the one class I came up with this.

This panel will display the overall kills and deaths for all of the classes in my account. I will just have to find an LCD and someone who can program very well. If not Ill just paint the current stats when the case is almost finished.