Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2 L.A.N. PC.

Default Re: Battlefield 2 L.A.N. PC.

Im ok now that I took some good pain killer. It happened when I was drilling out a rivet on a 90 degree steel bracket. I didnt have enough room for pliers so I used my hand . I didnt have my hand over the rivet, just next to it but, the drill poped through the hole because I was using to much pressure and I hit My hand at full speed. Thats an 18 volt Dewalt as fast as it will spin. So I hit my middle finger and I started oozing blood. Dumb me, I wiped it off on my pants and wrapped it in masking tape so i could keep working. After about an hour the tape was soaked a dripping and I had blood everywhere. So I got some peroxide and cleaned it out. Thats when i noticed I went to the bone, I could see my insides, and I think I cut the tendon because I cant bend it well. Oh well, just anther story.

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

Well Iv ordered A few parts that should be in this week.

The first parts I ordered was an on/off key to disable the remote start and the on/off switch on the case. This way I can keep tabs on everyone .

I also ordered some switches for the on/off and reset.

danthegeek.

Key Start/Arm

Theres the link. They have all different kinds to chose from, just scroll down and you will see them. They are cheap to, just be careful of the $7 shipping.

Ok, I have some real updates for everyone. I got a good hour of work into this case today.

I re-cut the angled aluminum for the top plate support. The edges almost line-up but its good enoughh for government work .

I also made the top plate for the case. That was probably the easiest part of all so far. My measurements were nearly dead on and I didn't screw up with the dremel once. I still have to trim the back plate to be flush with the top and I also have to drill the holes for the screws to secure the top.

Closer Look- Front

Back

I also took a pic with the door next to the case so you can get the idea of what it will look like.

I also bought a new toy today. I got the cut-off wheels EZ-Lock kit. Let me tell you, I will never go back to the old discs. Not only does it take 2 seconds to put on a new wheel, but they last alot longer as well. Im talking 3-4 times loger.

Well thanks for looking at my mod, I plan on attaching the front and raer doors tomorrow so dont stray far .

-danthegeek

Well I have some good news, Im done the back panel.

I cut out the holes using my dremel and then threw on some red primer and flat black.

I then cut out the holes for all of the fan and Power Supply. (Tip: dont paint then drill holes, just creates more work ) Now I have to hit it with another cote of paint and some sandpaper.

Heres a pic with the top on and I still need to drill holes and mount this.

I decided to throw in some goodies so you can get the idea of how this is going together.

I also put some-more bondo on the front panel, I need to hit it with some sandpaper and the dremel.

I picked-up some hinges for the doors today. I think they are for gates so they should holdup well and they also seem to hollow the lines of the case.

Thanks for viewing and comments welcome, good or bad

-danthegeek

Thanks for the comments everyone. I got a little bit of work done yesterday but I have to go to work soon so Ill post an update tonight or tomorrows.

Ookazoo- The rivets are just the biggest pop-rivets I could find at my local hardware store. Im not sure as the size because I have sense thrown away the packaging but When I get somemore Ill let you know. With sketchup..., well I would say Im that good but just practice with it. The hardest thing for me is the switch from AUTOCAD. Sketchup seems to be a little more deifficult at making it do what you want and to make everything semitransparent click "View", "face style", then "X-ray." under the menu bar.

Thanks again everyone.

-danthegeek

Edit-

Well I decided to throw in an update anyways

I worked on cutting out the design for the top plate. Behind the star and 4 rectangular holes will be frosted plexi, either red or white, but im not sure yet.

I didnt finish cutting the holes because I got distracted. It turns out the star can be used as a weapon. Ninja Star TIME. (yes I did actually throw it from about 10 feet away.)

I also came up with this design for the HD cage.

I got the aluminum bent for the supports and ley me just say, bending 1/8 inch thick aluminum is not easy task by hand. I had to do both at the same time so I would get the bends right.

I still have to cut out the angled pieces for the bottom and the drill holes for the mounting screws for the HDs and the case.

thanks again.

-danthegeek

Well another Update.

I finished the cut out of the top plate. The only thing is I screwed up but no worries. I think I will use thin red plexi for the stripes that go trough the center of the rectangles. It should look good, maybe enven better .

I also finished the HD cage. I decided to go with 2 instead of 3 sense thats all I will need for a raid 0.

And some paint.

I will try to update again tomorrow but its finals week at college . Dont be suprised if I disapear for a few days.

-danthegeek

Well everyone, modding is on hold for a few days. I hurt my back earlier today and Im in bed now, all I did was bend down and BOOM. Shooting pains, I fell to the floor and couldnt move or breath and my father didnt know what was wrong, as I couldnt talk. I laid there, my father had to pick me up and put me on the couch. Yes I did cry, first time in a few years, but that was by far the worst pain I have every experienced in my life. Im on some godly (yes, godly, they are that good) pain killers now so I can move around.

Anyways I should get back to this in a few days

-danthegeek.

EDIT-

I almost forgot to tell everyone about my new toys. Today my dad went to a military show and picked me up a couple of ammo boxes. I dont have a pic of the big one as its not cleaned-up yet but, its about twice as tall as this one.

Thus should make for a cool HTPC.

A micro atx motherboard and power supply fit perfectly.

And a pic to show you the size. The frame behind it is a micro atx case and my everyday pc behind that is a mid-tower

I shall start another worklog for this one soon. It should only tajke me a few days to complete.

-danthegeek

Well I am officially starting again. My plan is to have this done by Saturday so I can go to N.J. to meet some other TBCS members.

Here is where I stand at 30% done.

Well I dont know if I will make it or not but I will give it a hell of a try.

I have to cut a new front door and get another lid but thankfully I have a donor for the parts.

Things Left to do:

-mount HD cage
    -mount lid, front door, rear door.
    -Install latches and hinges
    -install speakers in the lid
    -mount front switch box and key start
    -finish remote start
    -mount cd rom drive
    -install handles
    -fill holes in the sides of the body
    -cut front fan hole
    -Finish bondo work
    -paint, paint, paint, and paint.

Ok I have some pics

The damage!!!!

The paint

Top view

I still have alot of work so i dont know if I can complete it or not

-danthegeek