Thread: Prevention of BOTTLENECKING!

Anodized

Default Prevention of BOTTLENECKING!

Lol, after alot of research and looking and asking, I've come up with this parts list for my first mod (coming soon(im friggen SCARED and a little ANXIOUS to start though lol (beginners jitters I guess(lol i wonder how many more of these parantheses things I can do)))).(Hope thats the right amount of the paranthese enders.):p ANYWAYS(I gotta stop capatizing random words(and learn to spell)), here they are:
    Code(Saw this on another thread):
    Red - Still have to get
    Green - Have
    Motherboard: EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
    Proc: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 (Planning To overclock to 3.0GHz)
    Memory Sticks(?):G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory (overclock and maybe upgrade to 3 gig of ram later)
    Graphics(Video?) Card: EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
    Monitor: SAMSUNG 206BW Black 20" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor
    Hard Drive: HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000 HDS721010KLA330 (0A34915) 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (trust me, I need that much)
    Power Supply: Thermaltake W0131RU ATX12V / EPS12V 850W Power Supply
    OS: Vista 32 Bit Prof. (We all know what that is (Im getting it cuz I wanna play Halo 2(for some very ODD reason, my mom will buy me 200-500 dollar parts but not a 360 so I'm basicaly a STRICT PC gamer(I do have a PS2 though))).
    DVD Drive: SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner (Maybe not this one since its out of stock and I checked samsungs website but couldn't find it on there....)
    Mouse: not telling:p
    Keyboard: ^

Lol My questions is, will anyone of these parts bottleneck any parts performance? Amd is the PS efficient enough? (I've had PS probs in the past)
    Plus, if you know any other parts thats better but within the same price range(20 bux higher/lower) go ahead and do tell.Well thats it lol....hope you have fun reading, cuz I have to go to church in about 4-5 hours. Joy. Lol thanks for your help.

D'Oh

Default Re: Prevention of BOTTLENECKING!

I would change the ram I gad G.skill and I'm not sure if it was the same model you are getting, but I couldn't get them above 450Mhz vs 400 stock. I changed them with corsair ram and got to a max of 560MHz. If you plan to overclock and keep the ram in sync then you need faster ram. The 2gig ddr2 800 C4 is an excellent overclocker at a very low price. 100+ bucks where I live.
    What about a nice cooler?

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Anodized

Default Re: Prevention of BOTTLENECKING!

hehe, alls cool wit water cooling!