Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worn look for case

Overclocked

Post Worn look for case

I am working on a new case and was wondering what methods people use to make their case look worn. I am going for a very worn look on mine so I don't know if one method would be better than others for looking acid burned, rusted, coroded, used and abused. Any help is appreciated..

Overclocked

Default Re: Worn look for case

Be more descriptive on what type of weathering but in the mean time here is a case that used weathering breifly shows you his technique in th photos so if this is the weathering you want here ya go.

http://members.home.nl/gis/

Rus is my personal favorite look. To get a real good rust look, goto a craft store, get an antiqueing kit, it coes with an iron based paint and a special solution. Paint with the iron paint and then oaint on the solution, rust will actually form on the surface. You can then clear coat it to keep more rust from forming, (or anybody getting hurt from it). If its not colorfull enough add some orange paint and dry brush it over the solution (after the solution has dried of course).

Overclocked

Thanks for the link sXenoG, is there a worklog to go along with the case? Sorry for the lack of desciption. Today I purchased both a rusting kit and some spraypaint made by rustoleum (spelling?) that looks like it has a hammered finish. The main thing I am going for now is acid burns on the case, anyone know how to do that?

Get hydrocholric acid (1.0M) and put a drop or 2 on the case.

or fine brush work, you know, that doesn't actually eat away at your ****.
    Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.
    Asking if people think is like asking if a pebble has a preference between Beethoven and Mozart.

temmink.org recondelta.com

Fresh Paint

hot ****

Overclocked

okay where would one find such a thing?

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

Here is a tip I just got from a friend.

If you want the rusted or peeled look. Lay down a base coat (rust colored for rusted, shiny for flecking). Once it's good and dry take a spray bottle full of water, spray it in the area you want to look crusty. Then while the water is still on the area spray the top coats (the color you want). Once the paint has dried well take a tissue and gently rub the paint. The water bead will cause the paint over it to crack and flack off exposing the color you put down first.
    This technique is used allot by model railroaders. But you can see that you can get some funky effects with different colors in layers.

Hope this helped,
    Crazybillybob

Quote Originally Posted by crenn
    Get hydrocholric acid (1.0M) and put a drop or 2 on the case.

that actually won't do much. Last year in chemistry my friend dropped some 1 M (I think it was actually much stronger but I can't remember so I will just say 1M) acid on his binder, unfortunately nothing happened, alittle color change, but nohting else.