Thread: xbox 360 questions

Default xbox 360 questions

hey there everyone, I recently got an xbox 360, but just the console itself, no HDD, controllers, cables, anything. I really wanna play halo 3 in 2 days though (I know, cutting it really close) I basically need a super simple starter pack, only the basic necessities in order to play halo 3 on xbox live. If I can get the parts locally (near Sacramento, California) it'll be even better since shipping would take a while.

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Default Re: xbox 360 questions

As far as I know there is no "Starter PAck" type thing. If I were you I'd go to a local gamestop or soemthing and by used crap, unless money isn't a problem.

-CollinstheClown

Well.. one of the best things to do is goto game startion or a game shop.. for tv lead you should buy the add on thing for the back so you have vga, if you got a hd tely or a cool monitor.

power cable.. im at a loss at that.. but i think you can get a replacment from a game shop.

pad. i recommend a wired one. there not only cheaper to buy from the starting point but cheaper because batts and charger packs arnt needed and you will find it a pain replacing them.

for saving you can go the cheep but crap way and get a 64mb ? card what will be cheaper then a hdd..

you will want your cat5.e cable to connect to router or modem..

then live! the odds are on that you will get a free 48 hour gold membership with halo but then after that you will have to buy a gold membership to play on line.. dont get suckerd into thinking you can play games on another membership! only gold..

im sure iv came arcoss the things you will need..

also wanting to talk you will have to buy a mic and headset.. i heard the wireless one is the best but havent tryed it myself..

hope tht has helped you in what you need.
    happy gaming
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

I agree.. second hand is the way to go for accessories. Local pawn shops are a great place to find this sort of thing. Also, ask around.. maybe someone you know is looking to upgrade to a larger HDD or get cordless controllers and will unload the corded ones.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

awesome! thanks for the help everyone. +rep

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

where did you get it anyway? sounds stolen imo, not saying you stole it but you couldve bought it off a theif.

My friend actually had 2, this one was broken but i got it fixed (reflow some solder) he said i could keep it, but i forgot to ask for the cords, really dumb move on my part. but hey, i got a free console