• Dont like it at all

1 8.33%
  • Dont like it but it may grow on me

4 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of office 2007

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Smile What do you guys think of office 2007

Hey guys. I started school recently and my University uses office 2007.I am also forced to take a class which, once a week, involves a lab were i get to spend two hours learning how to use office. I'm not really sure what i think of it yet.

At the moment, i find it sort of confusing. However i think it could grow on me as i get more familiar with it. I'm just not sure how much i like the layout. It's pretty though.

I just wanted to know what you guys thought of office 2007

Edit: Also, if you prefer some sort of Office alternative feel free to mention it here.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Greco101

Default Re: What do you guys think of office 2007

I definitely like the older versions more... I'm more use to the file/edit/view type deal not the *click circle thing* *see if what I want is in there* *click other stuff* *look through pictures and read text to see wtf it is* etc...

Yeah I'm so used to the old menu system that its hard to move away from. Now i find that if i don't already know what i am doing, and if I'm not being explicitly told i just sort of start floating my mouse over random things untill i find what looks like it MIGHT be helpful... only to find out that it wasn't what i thought it was.

I'm not going to say its horrible, as i go through the tutorials i have to go through for class, it starts to work out for me, I'm just so used to the old system.

the worst thing about it is the price and also the backward compatibility thing.
    The new open office is meant to be much improved, havent had a chance to try it though
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Greco101

It's more vista-ish.

AP BC Calculus = Headaches

like all things new, it takes some getting use to and there always that learning curve.
    overall i like it, i was getting with bored with the old menus anyways..
    Intel Pent D 2.66Ghz| 2Gigs| 18x DVD-RW| 200, 40 GB| 550W ATX| Zalman 9500

Still an Open Office user. I just can not justify the cost of that bloated M$ product. Is office 2007 open document capable yet?
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Do you have a second life?

I am using Office 03 atm because school does so im use to it, But when i had vista on, i used 07. I liked it apart from the fact when i just hit save, it saved as an 07 doc, Got to school couldnt open it. You have to go save As 95/98/2000/2003 Capable. Other than that takes abit to get use to, but i like it

Sam

ATX Mental Case

My dad bought a copy of 2007 student edition ( its cheaper ) and i read in the eula that you get three installs so i put it on my desktop to mess with. Well when i started college in the fall it turned out they use it. At first i really hated the new menus but now i'm getting used to them. and i like the other new features they added like the live preview. Its really hard to explain the new menus to people though "how do i save!" "click on that damn little round thing in the corner"

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Still an Open Office user. I just can not justify the cost of that bloated M$ product. Is office 2007 open document capable yet?
    I thought i read somewhere on the internetz that open office ran more slowly? Is this a fallacy? If it supported the right formats, i would use it on my ibook since i see no need to buy expensive software for such a pitiful machine.