Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombie Escape Plan - Seriously.

Default Zombie Escape Plan - Seriously.

How many people here like Zombie movies? (*raises hand*)

OK, how many people believe that something like that *COULD* actually happen? (*raises hand again*)

I know that you may laugh at this, and call me paranoid, or stupid, or whatever.. I've been called worse. To be honest with you, everytime I watch a zombie movie, I can't help but think, "Man, these people are stupid."

Having never been in that sort of situation, I can't say exactly what sort of mental/emotional toll you would face, and maybe people truly would act that way, but I tell you, I have a plan.

First of all, you dont need to reload knives and clubs. Sure, you have to get closer to the zombies to use them, but no bullets means no "CLICK" at a bad time. Step in, swing hard, fall back. No problems!

Second, AIM FOR THE HEAD. Seems pretty straight forward, but if you knock the head off, they are pretty well finished. Hitting them in the chest... good plan. They dont breathe, dont feel pain, and are already dead... duh.

Next, wear protective clothing. Stomping around in a miniskirt and tank top might look good (if you are a woman), but it doesnt offer much protection against a foe who can infect you by scratching you. Maybe you should be wearing jeans, gloves, a leather coat, etc. And not something baggy.. gives them less to grab onto.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Austral Alien

Default Re: Zombie Escape Plan - Seriously.

If Zombies come, I'll just grab my BFG9000 and that'll sort them out.

Have you got a weapon in the same room as you, all the time? No? Why the hell not?

As Matthew said today, even things around you that aren't explicitly weapons that can be used in self defense are a good idea. I once saw a guy in a movie fill a pillow case with cans of soda. He then beat the crap out of 3 people with it. (self defense of course)

How about the escape plan? The title of the thread for good reason... if you are overrun with zombies (wherever you are), have you got a plan to get to safety? How about your loved ones? Can you get them to safety too?

I'm proud (or am I?) to say that I've got this baby figured out. I have a spare set of keys to my vehicle at each exit to my home, plus I carry an emergency key in my wallet at all times. I also have a machete collection stashed in random spots throughout my home (safe from childrens reach, dont worry) that can be retrieved quickly in case of emergency.

2 cell phones (one with 2 way capability), full first aid and emergency survival kit in the vehicle at all times including extra gloves and boots and a spare coat, wind-up LED flashlights (no dead batteries or burnt out bulbs for me!) in a few places, etc.

I've even got the escape route figured out.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Now in all honesty, I dont really see this sort of thing happening, but who knows. Worst case scenario is some sort of collapse of civilization but these supplies and preparations will easily translate to that situation.

I guess the point that I'm really trying to make here is that we all need a certain amount of security in our lives to make us feel safe and comfortable, even if it is from threats that dont (or shouldnt) exist.

If that means being prepared for zombies, so be it. If it means being prepared against home invasion or robbery, so be it. Calling someone paranoid or delusional may not seem like a big deal, but it can be taken as a serious attack on that persons beliefs and lifestyle, so consider that when someone shares their feelings and thoughts about their situation.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    If Zombies come, I'll just grab my BFG9000 and that'll sort them out.
    Ah, but what if you run out of plasma packs for it? The chainsaw also runs on gas, so there's the possibility of expending that also.

Dont forget that there's not much chance of driving home from Mars either.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Well, I have a slightly different plan in the case where killer, man eating zombies become more than science fiction.

Suicide. (in my case, probably "death by doughnuts". If I get to choose how I die, then I choose dieing by eating my favorite food on this planet lol)

I'll go to hell? Nope, if zombies became non-fiction, then that means there is no god. Last I checked, holy script said something about god protecting us from "those" kind of evils. (whole different story between "killer man eating" and just "reanimated".)

Life is worth living? Who the hell would want to live in a world full of LIVING DEAD THINGS THAT TRY AND KILL YOU? AND EAT YOU WHILE YOUR ALIVE??

Missing out on a chance to actually live your favorite movies and/or video games? Okay, well thats ONE reason to stick around. But remember, somebody ALWAYS dies in those movies. That'll probably be me, so I'm out. lol

Luke, I think we might be the two biggest nerds alive to be actually discussing this. lol *high fives*
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I would only kill myself if I got infected, and posed a threat to others.

Otherwise, I'd be waaayyy too happy fighting them, and trying to keep others alive. I guess thats just one more reason to get back into martial arts, and get my ass on a treadmill.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    I would only kill myself if I got infected, and posed a threat to others.
    You just finished watching 28 weeks later didn't you? lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Austral Alien

Actually, it sounds far more fun to be a people eating Zombie.
    Rather than escape, I'll choose to become one, then become the Zombie leader and I'll take over the world! Mwahahahahaha!

Let's face it, between the Kyoto Treaty, stem cells, lead paint on Chinese toys, and the high prices of milk, zombies are right around the corner... so I have stocked my attic for just such an eventuality.

You're doing a couple of things wrong but since I don't want to be alone after I kill all the zombies, I will share some of my survival tips.

1. Okay, instead of a club or a spear, or even a sword, you want a nice long crowbar. You can bash heads, or break bones ( muscles alone will not lift a zombie arm, they need the bones inside just like you and I ). You can also use it as a tool to break into grocery stores and gun shops. In a pinch you can use it to wedge a door shut while you sleep at night.

2. Shotguns are the key. A well placed slug will remove even the most determined zombie brain from it's head, and a poorly placed shot will remove arms, legs, etc, thus making your escape easier.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein