Thread: Full speed SLI: nForce 4 x16

Overclocked

Default Full speed SLI: nForce 4 x16

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=2493

Apparently nVidia will be releasing an update to nForce4 mobos which will allow full speed x16 SLI. Good news for enthusiasts.
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Case Wizard

Default Re: Full speed SLI: nForce 4 x16

mmm tasty

Overclocked

Sux for me.. Just bought an SLI system and wasted a ton of money. Now theyre making it cheaper.. Sigh I dont want to go on new egg so i dont have to see the depressing news lol.

happens all the time i loked at my setup a mounth after i bought it and i coulda saved 80$ just buy waiting 4 more weeks

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by toast07
    happens all the time i loked at my setup a mounth after i bought it and i coulda saved 80$ just buy waiting 4 more weeks
    That's the problem with buying a PC! New parts come out all the time, and older parts get cheaper. You need to do LOTS of research and try to "futureproof" your system as best as you can.
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MisterChief
    That's the problem with buying a PC! New parts come out all the time, and older parts get cheaper. You need to do LOTS of research and try to "futureproof" your system as best as you can.
    I just double checked my SLI system. it only dropped about 60.oo and that is both mobo & CPU. Month before I bought my system it was dropping just about everyone other day. (Just more cause more and more came out on the market).

If I do any upgrades soon it will be 2 a Dual Core CPU.

ATX Mental Case

Don't buy a dual core unless you will use it. Dual cores are for major multitasking. Well I geuss they are also for showing off your porwess to your friends... but we don't talk about that . But it would still be a waste of money.

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-hobo
    Don't buy a dual core unless you will use it. Dual cores are for major multitasking. Well I geuss they are also for showing off your porwess to your friends... but we don't talk about that . But it would still be a waste of money.
    What are you saying I wont get a beniffit out of Linux with it??

Yeah I know when I am in windows playing games will wont get used as much but the SLI doesnt get used much with X.

ATX Mental Case

I just figured you were an average gamer, like me. That just plays games and doesn't do much in the ways of multitasking design programs. I figured wrong .

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-hobo
    I just figured you were an average gamer, like me. That just plays games and doesn't do much in the ways of multitasking design programs. I figured wrong .
    that ok..

I really spend more time working on case building / Other projects than I do games. When you get down to it, I also want to have a good game machine even tho I dont game as much as others.