Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why do they do this?

Default why do they do this?

why does it seem like all the good looking cases are mid tower, and all the full towers are ugly. i mean why cant they make like an asus vento full tower. that would be so cool

Default Re: why do they do this?

Personally, I think most cases on the market are ugly in generally, but specifically the mid towers. It seems impossible to find a sturdy case with great reviews that isn't excessively gaudy and appears to have pieces of a spaceship toy super glued all over it. I'm really into the Lian Li cases- they are extremely well thought out and look relatively simple yet subtly sophisticated. I want my case to say "I'm built to last the life of my parts," not "hop in, I'm on my way to the planet, Cheesy Looking Case Emporium."

Greco101

Agreed. That's why I love the COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 but it's pricey. The SILVERSTONE SST-TJ07-BW is also pretty sweet.... but also pricey.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Most generic midtowers are ugly as sin.

I really do dig the Gigabyte Aurora, CM Cosmos and CM Stacker though. They're cool lookin' without going overboard.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Anodized

Better looking = more money, naturally.
    Everything else is probably random designs.
    General Omega.
    Cooling Modder.

I'm lucky - I like right angles, flat expanses, and beige/white paint, so I've got tons of old server cases to choose from. Everything I own has to serve as a butt-to-ground adapter on occasion, so server cases are the safest bets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

i like plain simple black boxes nothing fancy,

my next case will be somthing to write home about though!

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

dude, have you ever seen the late 90's mid tower cases by the likes of gateway and HP? Those are as ugly as hell
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

HP still produces some of the blandest cases for workstations. One of the reasons my company got the contract for one of our customers SGI Octane replacements, is that we sent them an eval system stuffed inside a TT Armor VA8000B case with lots of lights. They loved it and order several a month. HP showed up with basically the same HW inside one of their dull cases, but they should have realized the customer was in Hollywood and wanted something flashy...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

...Asus Vento *barfs*.

I love the look of my Tt Shark. Classy-yet-modern.
    RIP Bucko