Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xp Sp3

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Default Xp Sp3

I guess Service Pack 3 for XP is going to be a reality:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...p/article.html

I heard about this at work today and I had to use Google to confirm the information. I'm kind of suprised that they are making SP3, but it kind of makes sense. They are probably going to have to continue to support XP, so they may as well make a bundled service pack for it.

Default Re: Xp Sp3

MS has already stated that they're going to continue to sell & support XP until the middle of 2008. I wonder why considering MS said Vista has taken off like a freaking rocket...I wonder if they were lying...hmmmm....

SP3 will definitely be coming down the pipeline.

the sale figures for Vista include copies that have been sold to microsofts OEM department, they have bought them ready to distrobute to various companys like Dell and the such.

This is how they are inflating the sale figures of vista.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Not long ago our M$ rep came out for a talk with my company. One of the things that came up was vista. He mentioned that we have not sold _any_ copies of vista, and my response was that since most of our M$ sales are to government regulated agencies, they want nothing to do with it because of the issues with privacy and stability and driver support. He told us that vista was the most successful OS launch in the companies history. I asked him to provide me with the proof of that statement and he was a little shocked. It has been several months now and despite half a dozen emails to him I still have not seen and proof. Nor has he responded to any of our emails concerning the privacy issues our Gov regulated customers have expressed.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Linux FTW!!
    But back on topic M$ cant have been keeping SP3 all that secure because I saw it on a torrent site about 6 weeks ago!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    He told us that vista was the most successful OS launch in the companies history. I asked him to provide me with the proof of that statement and he was a little shocked.
    I'm not sure how they measure the success of Vista or the rest of their operating systems. To me, it seemed like Windows 95 had a larger impact than Vista has so far. I'm not giving up XP for running the stuff that only runs on Windows anytime soon.

I learned how to use nLite to build a SP2 XP install disk. I guess I'll be making one for SP3.

thats providing they don't mess with the way SP3 will intragrate with your system!

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I hope it doesn't add all that antipiracy crap like Vista has. If it does, I'm doing a clean install and not downloading SP3. But yeah, sounds "neat-o" lol. I think I'll plug another HDD in here later on when I upgrade to Vista, have it tri-boot with Linux (if I get it to work).

would you like to download the file file.rar

are you sure you want to download and save the file file.rar

are you sure you want to open the file file.rar

the file file.rar can damage your system, are you sure you want to open it

YES I AM! JUST OPEN THE DAMN THING ALRIGHT!
    typically vista procedure

looking foreward to the new xp service pack since the only thing i could imagin upgrading to vista for, would be 8 gigs of ram, and dx 10 -.- ... but until sp1 for vista is out, and the OS is fully functionel im not quitting XP
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

im not quitting XP/Ubuntu dual boot,

and windows 98 on my laptop

It look me untill XP had been out for 3-4 years before i switched