Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xp Sp3

Default Re: Xp Sp3

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    It look me untill XP had been out for 3-4 years before i switched
    Same here. I think the _only_ reason I upgraded at the time was for some game that did not run on 98. My first XP purchase was the SP2 version. I keep all my original upgrade disks with the XP disks. My copy of XP home has my windows 95 disk as the original... I even waited to upgrade to 98 until after they had fixed the crappy network code. Can you say "built in lag as a feature"!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

likewise, i only upgraded for a game that wouldn't run on 98, but i am seriously considering going back to windows 98 as i don't play games anymore.

But seeing as i have files over 4GB in the form of DVD images, and the drives are in NTFS, i will need to clear them, and convert the drives back to FAT, and makesure my RAID card has 98 drivers

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

If your not gaming why not ditch windows altogether?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calumc View Post
    That was my thoughts too! lol

Linux is awesome once you get used to it. Its only taken me less than a month to get used to ubuntu, and I'm a slow learner. WINE puts the topping on the cake for me too, although it doesn't always work the way I want it too.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

At the beginning of the summer I started playing around with live disks and then at the beginning of august I felt confident enough to reformat my windows hdd. I wouldnt go back to windows for all my day to day stuff if you paid me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calumc View Post
    Some folks have jobs that require doing stuff with a Windows machine. My dad has to do internet training and the sorry rotten website won't run on FireFox. There's just a lot of junk out there that forces people to at least have access to a Windows machine that isn't a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpirate View Post
    Some folks have jobs that require doing stuff with a Windows machine. My dad has to do internet training and the sorry rotten website won't run on FireFox. There's just a lot of junk out there that forces people to at least have access to a Windows machine that isn't a video game.
    Amen,

I have got linux on a dual boot, but 98 is still faster, and just as stable. I also think it looks quite nice (Strange i know)

But i too have applications that require windows atleast, and they won't emulate in WINE, or crossover office, I have tried, that is why i have dual boot atm, XO and Ubuntu 7.04

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpirate View Post
    My dad has to do internet training and the sorry rotten website won't run on FireFox.
    wow, what kind of training does he do? Cause firefox is the second most used browser, only topped by the default IE, which alot of companies and schools use it just because it's pre-installed.

Did he create the site? Or did he PAY for someone to create the site? (link me )?

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D1337 View Post
    wow, what kind of training does he do? Cause firefox is the second most used browser, only topped by the default IE, which alot of companies and schools use it just because it's pre-installed.

Did he create the site? Or did he PAY for someone to create the site? (link me )?
    My dad is an auto mechanic at a dealership. He has to take tests on-line for the new cars. The car company he works for created the site.

I had to set up a special login for him that has the security set to the lowest levels. It was a real pain just to make it work in IE. I thought it was going to work with FireFox until I hit a certain area of the site.

I have to use Windows at work because our e-mail is on an MS Exchange Server.

i don't really have anything against microsoft, i just think there OS has become too bloated and the such,

I got a windows 98 laptop, 700MHz 256MB Ram running windows 98,
    Now my main rig is 2GHz, 1.5GB Ram running windows XP and Ubuntu dual boot,

Now guess which one is faster, Yep, Windows 98. And yes it will talk to my brothers vista machines fine, on a side note, its still faster than my bros FX62 with 2GB ram!