Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis specs revealed!

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Crysis specs revealed!

That is freakin' beautiful! I wish I had an 8800, more RAM, and a better CPU, lol. A friend of mine had it maxed out on his 8800GTS (I think that's what he has) and it got about 40fps methinks... he has a crappy CPU though and if he upped that it would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    That is freakin' beautiful! I wish I had an 8800, more RAM, and a better CPU, lol. A friend of mine had it maxed out on his 8800GTS (I think that's what he has) and it got about 40fps methinks... he has a crappy CPU though and if he upped that it would be better.
    Maxed out with 40fps? doubt that unless it was DX9 not 10.

I added some screens to my PB album with the GPU and CPU tests in the bin32 folder, thats with all very high settings

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Maxed out with 40fps? doubt that unless it was DX9 not 10.

I added some screens to my PB album with the GPU and CPU tests in the bin32 folder, thats with all very high settings
    It was DX9 and with just High settings, I'll send him a link to that article as he doesn't like coming here... don't worry about it, just personal reasons.

But yeah, that is one nice looking game and I can't wait to see what mods/maps people come out with for it.

I really want to create a map, just gotta figure out the editor first, still can't pick up ANY weapons, but vehicles i can get into :|

I couldn't figure out how to use the editor at all, hahaha... it's one of those cases where I need somebody to actually show me what to do and I'll understand it then... I have a few ideas for maps for any game that would be excellent to make and play on. Are there any aircraft that you can fly in the game? If so, the map I have in mind will be even better.

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Ive done alot of things in the editor, but im pissed at it right now. The editor is easy in some parts, difficult in others. Some parts are badly constructed, which is the main issue i have with it.

AH HA! you have to place weapons from entity, not any of the others. Yes there are some air vehicles, helicopter is the one i have played with most

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

because thats the only flying vehicle that works... (not counting the hover craft, since it HOVERS)

i'm with xRyokenx, i'm not sure how to use it fully. i was able to open the island map and i deleted everything from it accept for a heli which i planned to fly, but when i started the game it was messed up. i went to start a new game and after you jump from the plane and are skydiving it said you are out of bounds and it killed me wtf?!
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Okay, cool, I'll sketch my idea up and put a heli in a secluded spot.

But yeah, what other vehicles and weapons are there? I'd like a list so I can plan it all better... oh, no random weapons lying around (unless you buy them?), think of armory buildings in a few spots.

EDIT: Oh yeah! Woods! My map will have the woods in it that I've been thinking of (as no other game that I know of actually has real woods instead of 2D ones you can't go through)... schwing!