Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portal

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Portal

I'd look into it if I liked Steam. I have Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and it worked a grand total of one time. I can't get it to work at all and it's a pain as it's a fun game. It acts as if it's loading up, maximizes the game, screen goes black, and then it comes back to the desktop. That or in place of the videos at the start of the game is white boxes... just aggravating. No more Steam or EA stuff for me, thanks, I have problems enough as it is.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I'm on Chamber 15 or so in Portal

It's amazing.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

ATX Mental Case NamesAreUseless's Avatar

You gotta love that ending credits song.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    I came in here expecting furries, I leave disappointed..

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    I purchased The Orange Box today and completed Portal. The game is truly amazing and has brought a new dimension to gaming that I have never seen done with this effect. The game forces me to rethink how to solve puzzles and how I think of 3d environments in games. I'm telling everyone who was waiting for reviews of this game before they bought it, to go get it. It will be worth the money.

Anyone else finish it yet?
    I remember this starting out as a mod someone made, can anyone confirm that? I remember seeing that portal gun and a few DEV trailers for the mod going to be used in GMOD.
    :S
    General Omega.
    Cooling Modder.

Is awesome

If you read the wikipedia entry, it said that it was thought up and somewhat-executed by a company called digipen in 2005.

Oh, and look what i found... (serious spoiler alert.) http://itsthedoc.net/music/portal_still_alive.mp3
    If you are using firefox it should just start up.

Anyway, I found this game to amazing. I loved it. Short, but if it was any longer it would probably become tedious, and I like actually being able to finish a game.

I would give it 9.5/10. It's not the best game ever, but if it doesn't get most original at some game contest, then the judges are on crack. This game kicks so much cojones.

Along with the rest of the orange box. Probably one of the best 45 dollars I have ever spent in my 15 years. I would probably pay that just for TF2 and Portal. I've barely got any time in the half life 2 1+2 games at all and just been playing spy on TF2. Better than halo.

IF you are debating the orange box, and you like FPS's at all, and you like interesting and very fun game experiences, and you like value, and you are alive, and you are not an alien, then get it. Now. I have an ATi x800pro, and it handles them all very well on medium.
    Last edited by Quakken; 10-15-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: seriousness.
    You love my sig.

Well, I went through. Beat Episode 2 in 4.5hours. It felt sooo much better than episode 1. Then again I didn't realize episode 1 was going to be so short, and I expected 2 to be short...so maybe i wasn't as let down as I was in ep1. Awesome nonetheless. Now I have to wait forever for episode 3.

Portal....ohhh portal. I played that and beat it last night. It was short, but it was perfect. I don't want to give away any spoilers so I will leave it at that. Just awesome. The song at the end is priceless as well. The only thing I can think of is that everyone keeps saying this portal idea was revolutionary. The way you could use the gun and make the portals was awesome I will say that. But the portal concept just felt a little like Prey. But nonetheless, withing 20minutes of playing I was not thinking about that at all. Portal, Portal, Portal. Awesome game. Hopefully people will make more levels or something, that would be nice.

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.Omega View Post
    I remember this starting out as a mod someone made, can anyone confirm that? I remember seeing that portal gun and a few DEV trailers for the mod going to be used in GMOD.
    :S
    Kind of.

A Couple of students made an indie game called narbacular drop, which was all about controling portals and stuff.
    Vavle liked it and hired the students who made it to make portal.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Some naughty words.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...The-Orange-Box

and back to study
    Need a sig

Yeah, that's about how it is. Portal is almost perfect in every way. The other games are very good, but just more of the same. I'm off to school.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    I'd look into it if I liked Steam. I have Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and it worked a grand total of one time. I can't get it to work at all and it's a pain as it's a fun game. It acts as if it's loading up, maximizes the game, screen goes black, and then it comes back to the desktop. That or in place of the videos at the start of the game is white boxes... just aggravating. No more Steam or EA stuff for me, thanks, I have problems enough as it is.
    You do realize that's a problem with the game, not Steam, right? Dark Messiah has had bugs and problems since before it was launched, standalone version AND Steam download.
    RIP Bucko