Thread: Blowgun modding ideas?

Greco101

Default Blowgun modding ideas?

Well, like I said a while ago, I will be going camping soon (if there are any camping spots that didn't burn...) and I want to catch a fish with my blow gun and have the gf cook it! I like the idea of roughing it, especially after watching Man vs wild

I've rigged up my blowgun to shoot darts attached to fishing line and it works extremely well surprisingly.

So far I have decided to purchase a pen rod and mount it's mini reel to the tip of my blow gun instead of pulling in and tangling my line.

I was just posting for ideas/suggestions for blowgun mods and to see if any other people are into blowguns. It seems to be an up and coming sport/fad.

Default Re: Blowgun modding ideas?

If you have a blowgun, are you really roughing it?

Bear Grylls kills fish with his mouth. THAT, is roughing it. Bear Grylls eats SPIDERS and LIVE GRUBS. THAT, is roughing it.

But since I don't know what you mean by a blowgun, I have no ideas for you.
    RIP Bucko

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Chuck Norris doesn't rough it, he IS roughing it. Literally, he is the human embodiment of "roughing it". Thats how badass he is.

lol Not sure where the hell that came from...
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Greco101

Well, we wont be roughing it completely... I'm sure there will still be hotdogs and all that... I just think catching a fish with a blowgun will be fun.

I know man, I was just giving you crap .

So that's what you mean by a blowgun... Hmmm... Laser sight? Flamethrower attachment?

Ok, scratch the second one, but a laser sight would be cool.
    RIP Bucko

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I had a paintball blowgun and it sucked... methinks a real blowgun or paintball gun would be better than a combination, lol. Looks fun, how much does one of those go for?

Greco101

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=007

There's the link to the one I purchased except mine is solid black. They really are pretty awesome little "toys" and 10 darts can last you a long while. Just to make sure, I purchased an extra 100 for the spearhead darts... they're mean lookin'.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

That's cool... another interest to keep in mind when I actually have money, hahaha.

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

You should try taking some compressed air and shooting it through it(using a keyboard cleaner can). if that works you could move into something smaller like those co2 capsule things... the ones in airsoft guns (not the spring ones)

Greco101

haha, way ahead of you. I've been keeping an eye out for things I could use to hook up my co2 pellet gun to it. :o)

(preferably some kind of quick connect system)