Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diet pills

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: Diet pills

Ephedrine HCL is still available and works! Try Vasopro.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Maybe they'll think about banning dihydrogen monoxide.... that stuff if EVERYWHERE.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Is Ex-Lax a diet pill? lol

Seriously, just do aerobic exercise and don't be a wimp about it. If your too lazy or you just don't like doing hard exercise, then you can try doing what I did once upon a time ago.

Take some time off work, go on vacation if you want, pick out a large city with tons of stuff to do, it should last you about 10 days altogether. Basically, just walk around for six to ten hours a day, every day, for those ten days. Make sure you eat healthy, I recommend Quizno's or the like. You'll lose weight like nuts. I lost fifteen pounds doing that, went from chubby to fairly thin. Got me some good walkin' legs while I was at it too.

Btw, I know walking around for six to ten hours every day for ten days is pretty tough, but thats why I said pick a large city with lots of stuff to do that doesn't involve much sitting and the like. Helps the time breeze on by, for the most part (think aching feet lol). ^_^
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Well, I'm planning to go hiking in california with a friend, does that count?
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

I have the opposite problem of most people in this thread, im tall and lanky. No matter how much i eat i cant gain bulk at all.(dam high metabolism) Hopefully lifting weights will have a better result.

Is awesome

damn high metabolism
    Don't you even try to say that being tall and lanky is worse than not easily being able to lose weight. Just don't even say it.

But your metabolism will screech to a grinding halt soon enough. Don't worry about your problem.
    You love my sig.

[QUOTE=D1337;146297]dam high metabolism) QUOTE]
    eh, some people are luckier then others(sigh)

Water Cooled

I'm overweight, I decided to start walking. I set a atainable goals like walking around the block each night. Within 2 weeks I had lost 5 pounds and by one month I was walking nearly 2 miles a night. The problem is that your body thinks you are starving and tries to get you back to what it thinks is the "normal" weight.

That is the hard part - learning to shut your cake hole.

An appetite suppresant (like ephedrine) isn't going to help you there. Take smokers for example. Nicotine is also a focus drug and the tar in ciggarettes dulls the taste buds. When smokers try to quit they start eating more and food tastes better.

Diet pills such as Lipodrene with 25mg of ephedra made me lose nearly 10 lbs a week!
    Did you keep the weight off? I'm guessing.. No.
    So what are you planning on doing the rest of your life? Popping a pill everyday to maintain a false self image? There is no quick way to lose weight. You have to change your life style and habbits.

Try a few simple (but difficult things)
    - Stop drinking soda pop
    - Stop eating fast food (order baked instead of fried if you do eat out)
    - Don't miss a meal (you'll just over-eat at the next meal)
    - Put the mouse down and step away from the keyboard (and go for a walk)

I'm no saint and I'm no expert but popping a pill doesn't solve a proplem in life.
    Facing it does.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cevinzol View Post
    Try a few simple (but difficult things)
    - Stop drinking soda pop
    I've just kind of... stopped liking it. That and I can't eat any high fructose corn syrup, I pass out.
    - Stop eating fast food (order baked instead of fried if you do eat out)
    I ate it for maybe two months straight and now it's no longer appealing, getting on a healthier track now.
    - Don't miss a meal (you'll just over-eat at the next meal)
    Tough one for me... sometimes I just don't feel like eating. I think I need to eat more smaller meals.
    - Put the mouse down and step away from the keyboard (and go for a walk)
    Heh, that has to be the hardest one there is.
    I'm no saint and I'm no expert but popping a pill doesn't solve a proplem in life.
    Facing it does.
    I look inside for the solutions to my problems, occasionally asking advice from others. My Christian/Catholic/whatever family seems to think you need to look outside and I don't get along with that. Just like how I may be bipolar and when discussing it with my dad he said something about needing pills all my life and that they're the only thing that works.
    I'm not overweight at all, just the opposite. I seem to maintain this weight fairly easily (~150lbs) but I'm kinda skinny. I should start working out to build muscle but I'm not quite ready to yet. For me and eating crappy foods, I think it's more of not wanting to have a heart attack later on down the road. Due to two recent incidents involving me eating more saturated fats, etc. than I thought caused me to freak out. Don't get Hot Pockets. The pizza ones have a lot of Sat. Fat and the others, while having less, have a lot too. Fast food was the other one... I started feeling like crap and not eating.

Good advice Cevinzol.

I have to say I agree with Cenvinzol on this.
    I've lost over 140lbs and I still have another 40 to go.
    It's about having the discipline to control your portions, think about what you put in your mouth, and cut out what's not good or necessary for you to eat.
    A great starting way to do that is a foodlog. You can go back and see what you had, how much, and when. The only difficulty there is lying to yourself, and if you're lying to yourself about what you eat, then you're probably an overeater. There is an Overeaters Anon group in most cities. They can offer support & solutions from nutritionists and people going through the same things you are.

On top of that exercise, sleep and taking care of yourself all kind of fall into place, at least they did for me. The more I worked out, the better I felt and the more tired I was at the end of the night, which lead to better sleep, which lead to me feeling better the next morning.

Pills are like fad diets. They're finite. As such, they can't be any real solution. The only useful solution is proper diet and exercise & the discipline or willpower that motivates you into choosing to live a healthy lifestyle.