Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: look at this

Default look at this

i was looking at something bout hard drives. look what it said u can do with 750 gb

cool 750GB. That's enough capacity to let you watch movies back to back for three months without seeing the same film twice; to listen to 1.6 years of continuous music without ever hearing the same track; or to store a Word document so long that even if you started reading it at birth, you'd die before you got half way through it.
    and thats just 750gb, imagine what you could do with more then a tb

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: look at this

the real question is: What are the encoding rates of the music and movies? I bet that if you used 32kbps MP3 it'll be WAY over a year or if you use FLAC it'll be way under that.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

who carse its still prettey amazing, i never thought we'd get even close to a full year of music

heck, i didnt even think we'd get over a week!

1 Week = 168 hours.

= 10080 minutes.

Average Song = 3 Mintues.

= 3360 songs.

Nowaday music players pretty much START at around 7,500 songs. We've made leaps and bounds past one week. Now about that battery life...
    RIP Bucko

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Now about that battery life...
    Yea no kidding. Massive hard drives aren't that surprising or "nerdgasm worthy" anymore, but massive battery life would definitely be worthy of getting super excited over.

There was some news about nuclear batteries that could hold a thirty year battery life awhile back. Its been around for thirty or fifty years or something like that. You think they would be able to start producing some result by now! Even one hundredth of that would be awesome. Then again, my mouse is supposed to last near a year of battery life, so far so good too. But thats thanks to the mouse, not the batteries.

I think this is the technology thats being used for those ultra long lasting batteries...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betavoltaics
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

according to Hitachi they should have 4TB Desktop drives and 1TB Laptop drives by 2011.

http://www.news.com/To-advance-drive...0-20&subj=news

i have 2 250's (the new and old seagate models 620AS and 410AS<new and faster one) right now and plan on a second 410AS to set up raid 0. then i will get a 750 for backup
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Austral Alien

I looked at the 750Gb and 1TB drives, but they were too expensive per Gb for me, so I bought two 500Gb Samsung drives for AU$185 each, which was cheaper than a single 750Gb drive.

Anodized

I got a single 700GB SATA drive for $80.00. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    according to Hitachi they should have 4TB Desktop drives and 1TB Laptop drives by 2011.

http://www.news.com/To-advance-drive...0-20&subj=news

i have 2 250's (the new and old seagate models 620AS and 410AS<new and faster one) right now and plan on a second 410AS to set up raid 0. then i will get a 750 for backup
    Saw that in Maximum PC. I cant wait, My laptop could use another TB. Maybe 2.
    General Omega.
    Cooling Modder.

and if you're editing movies: 2weeks and you're HDD is full

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast