Thread: I hate the UK

Default I hate the UK

Ok, the pound is worth twice as much as the US dollar, so why are we in the UK having to pay twice as much as people in the US.
    Something that costs $100 costs £100 over here twice as much

Does anyone know which US computer stores ship to the UK? It would really help

Default Re: I hate the UK

yes and now that the Canadian dollar is MORE! or equal to the US dollar were still friggin paying more! (E.G. new games for the Nintendo wii are 49.99 in US and 59.99 here, WTF?!)

when you said computer stores i take it you mean hardware, cpu, ram, psu, etc?
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

you can find some companys that ship to the UK, but oce you factor in postage, and the hassle of returning something (RMA) is ig goes wrong can outweight the svings you would make.

Have you tried www.ebuyer.com i use them and there fairly cheap.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

thing is import taxes, shipping etc, can make stiff just as expensive. Its the government that screwed us all over, i want to rebel, perhaps this year could be the return of Guy Fawkes

edit: where his plan works

Lol my birthday's the day after bonfire night too The aftermath of what could have been

Is awesome

Don't you make more money over there? I mean, if you don't make more than the US peoples, then why does everything cost way more? weird... maybe you don't consume as much, so the prices have to higher to make up for the effort of making the products, but prices should go down if the demand is lower... weird.
    You love my sig.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Americans sell to americans cheaper. Its just how our economy works. We also sell foreign stuff at a higher cost to also stimulate our economy. Other countries are the same way...
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Quakken View Post
    Don't you make more money over there? I mean, if you don't make more than the US peoples, then why does everything cost way more? weird... maybe you don't consume as much, so the prices have to higher to make up for the effort of making the products, but prices should go down if the demand is lower... weird.
    You guys have 31 people per square kilometre of land and we have 246 people per square kilometre (source wikipedia). You guys have a falsely cheap economy based on low oil prices.

More to the point less than 1 per cent of the UK population own between them 97 per cent of the land .... and this is where the real economic hit comes from. To keep the wealthy wealthy prices in a small and populated country are kept artificially high by land prices and rents.

To buy the average house in the UK an ordinary guy now has to mortgage (an old french word meaning death-grip) himself to the tune of six times his annual salary.

I don't hate the UK but strongly dislike many things about it - not just this hegemony of the rich: our country is also totally politically and morally bankrupt as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    You guys have 31 people per square kilometre of land and we have 246 people per square kilometre (source wikipedia).
    In Ireland we have more sheep than people
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Is awesome

Thanks for clearing that up there, crazy buddhist.

SOMEDAY we'll have to start having higher taxes which will drive our prices up to somewhere comparable to yours, a 6 trillion dollar debt to china isn't going to go unpaid forever...
    You love my sig.