Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OMFG Porsche Racing Wheel

Greco101

Default Re: OMFG Porsche Racing Wheel

I don't think you've really driven a Porsche until you're past the 300hp mark.

I'm not trying to be a dick here... just saying...

NOTE: A racing wheel doesn't compare to being behind the wheel of an actual car... they are in completely different categories.

Also, a true Porsche fan's typical mentality is, "you get what you pay for."

Like I said... I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I guess some of the comments just kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

Looks awesome but the price... bit to high for pc steering wheel.
    We pay for Porsche brand

I didn't know I can put a custom title Dilphat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post

NOTE: A racing wheel doesn't compare to being behind the wheel of an actual car... they are in completely different categories.

Also, a true Porsche fan's typical mentality is, "you get what you pay for."

Like I said... I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I guess some of the comments just kinda rubbed me the wrong way.
    yay no worries Greco, I understand from your point. I re-read my post and i kind of seemed pompous. and for that, for anyone who read my post and felt offended I'm sorry.

*Side note, I have hit the 300hp mark.
    Do origami to calm yourself when something doesn't make sense or fit! haha, if all else fails get the paper you folded and burn it for no apparent reason.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Horsepower marks don't mean ****. My 914 makes just about 120whp on a good day, but it's quick as hell and amazingly fun. Then again, the 914 is basically a go-kart with a 2.0L FI engine and disc brakes, so...

This is correct.

It's also correct to say that driving a real car is more fun. The wind, the noise, the sensory feedback, the adrenaline rush... all the things you DON'T get while sitting at your desk/couch playing NFS: Porsche Unlimited (or whatever the porsche specific one is). Besides. For $350, that's quite a bit of gas or gas/tires. Even if it's only a one-or-two time thing, it'll still be better.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Well, I know the pedal on those will be crap.

A student who sits next to me in my Electronic systems is currently designing 'proper' pedals will actual feedback (like real pedals).

As for the steering wheel itself.... I'd rather the G25 to go with my G5 and G15!
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Greco101

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Horsepower marks don't mean ****. My 914 makes just about 120whp on a good day, but it's quick as hell and amazingly fun.
    No disrespect, but I also thought my Nova was fast until I got my '06 GTO. There's a reason why the Porsche 914 is still a popular car among racing enthusiast 20+ years later. 2000 lbs and 150bhp I'm sure would be fun as hell on a track/ back roads.

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Well, I know the pedal on those will be crap.
    A student who sits next to me in my Electronic systems is currently designing 'proper' pedals will actual feedback (like real pedals).
    That'd be awsome! Maybe these would help?

No disrespect, but I also thought my Nova was fast until I got my '06 GTO. There's a reason why the Porsche 914 is still a popular car among racing enthusiast 20+ years later. 2000 lbs and 150bhp I'm sure would be fun as hell on a track/ back roads.
    I've driven the 914, a '74 VW Beetle, and a Ford Escape. When I first drove the Beetle, i thought it was ****ing quick. Then I drove the Escape. It's an SUV, but now I know beetles are sloooooooow. Then I drove the Porsche.

It'll still probably be one of the quickest (not fastest) cars I will ever drive. Especially if I still have it when I turn 19/20 or so, I plan on buying a Subaru EJ205 and dropping it into the 914. 230whp, 2000lbs...

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs

Greco101

That'd be bad ass... don't forget to post it here a year or two from now haha. []m[]

That steering wheel looks great, and the leather wheel probably feels good. I still would never buy one, I'd rather just make my own, it's probably cheaper for me and much more satisfying.

I am not a big fan of Porches. I do respect them, I just don't really care much for owning one.

The image that the company tends to give off is this very kind of proper, casual kind of car.

Sit behind the wheel, and for the most part, city driving etc, it's the same. But you let that engine do what it's meant to do? Oh god, you're in for one HELL of a ride.