Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we have a doctor in the house??

Anodized

Default Do we have a doctor in the house??

Lol do we? Cuz one of my many many CRT monitors that were laying around just happened to fall directly on my wrist and lemme tell ya, it hurts like a mother! i friggen have to type with one hand. well not really, but it kinda hurts to type with both hands. lol do you guys think its broken or fractured or something? lol the weight of that thing if like friKKen heavy. a 15-17in CRT going plump! on my wrist. Some of ya might tell me to go to the hospital but you know, its late and they take like 5 hours just to see you and since i dont have the time, thought id ask you guys!

PS I think my house is haunted. I was just resting my hand on my desk with the monitor sitting just 12-20in above my wrist. Noone shook the desk and then all of a sudden, you hear this BIG ass noise and then a crash and me screaming in pain. Like wtf, since when do monitors just fall on you for fun?? OH NoeS!! THE CRTS ARE ATTACKING!!! maybe its jealous that I'm sleeping with a LCD?? Lol a jealous old part. or maybe its time i got rid of the 10 +/- CRTs lying around.

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Default Re: Do we have a doctor in the house??

The crt didnt break did it? (not that im worrying about if its safe rather then you) but the fact that crt monitors are like death traps, containing lead, vaccumm cathode ray tubes, phosphorous etc.

It's impossible to say over the internet whether it's broken or not without performing a physical exam. I would check to see if you can still feel pinpoint sensation on all fingers, watch for change in color (blue, red is probably expected), massive swelling, lack of color or cold hand, lack of pain beyond the site of injury, and most important is a lack of the ability to move the wrist and fingers. If you feel that any of the above are occuring (especially the loss of feeling or color) I would go to the hospital. It's probably just a contusion but could very well be a fracture, you obviously need an X-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    It's impossible to say over the internet whether it's broken or not without performing a physical exam. I would check to see if you can still feel pinpoint sensation on all fingers, watch for change in color (blue, red is probably expected), massive swelling, lack of color or cold hand, lack of pain beyond the site of injury, and most important is a lack of the ability to move the wrist and fingers. If you feel that any of the above are occuring (especially the loss of feeling or color) I would go to the hospital. It's probably just a contusion but could very well be a fracture, you obviously need an X-ray.
    I need to get working on my internets xray web machine again.

Anodized

lol i didnt know that CRTs contained those. and no, it didnt break. Although, my brother took the plastic backing off the CRT. don't know why. and well, it might be nothing like jdbnsn said but then again, who knows. it could be one of those hidden ones that you can't feel! lol its funny cuz 6 yrs back or so, i fell right on my wrist cuz i slipped on ice. 2 weeks after that, this odd little bump came out on the side of my wrist. lol being lazy and not thinking much of it, i didnt go to the hospital. that little bump was fun to play with too! it was like a piece of bone or something and I could just move my wrist left to right and the bump would move. kinda kool to watch. i can't tell you how many girls i grossed out with that little trick. although, the bump wasnt that major, maybe the size of this: T. And SgtM, that would be kickass if you did that. then people wouldnt have to drive all the way to hospitals for nothing!!! lol

***Edit***
    Jdbnsn, your in philly? lol im in havertown! thats only a couple of miles apart! cool.
    Last edited by xenosagarox; 10-21-2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Just saw something

Quote Originally Posted by xenosagarox View Post
    lol i didnt know that CRTs contained those. and no, it didnt break. Although, my brother took the plastic backing off the CRT. don't know why. and well, it might be nothing like jdbnsn said but then again, who knows. it could be one of those hidden ones that you can't feel! lol its funny cuz 6 yrs back or so, i fell right on my wrist cuz i slipped on ice. 2 weeks after that, this odd little bump came out on the side of my wrist. lol being lazy and not thinking much of it, i didnt go to the hospital. that little bump was fun to play with too! it was like a piece of bone or something and I could just move my wrist left to right and the bump would move. kinda kool to watch. i can't tell you how many girls i grossed out with that little trick. although, the bump wasnt that major, maybe the size of this: T. And SgtM, that would be kickass if you did that. then people wouldnt have to drive all the way to hospitals for nothing!!! lol

Its amazing that sometimes you wont feel the full effect of pain if you cant see it, or know what happened.

Like i was around 9 and i was jumping up and down on our sofa bed (bed was pulled out) and my brother was pushing me, i fell and hit the back of my skull on the metal frame that supports the bed. I didn't even feel my head hit, but my mom comes rushing over and apparently blood was pouring out. Amazing.
    (Doctors should stop researching medicines to numb your body and research more about the human brain seeing as you can nullify most if not all pain)

Anyways put frozen pea's on your wrist ,bandage it up and see how it feels in a few hours. If you can move it without severe pain its most liekly not broken/fractured.

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by D1337 View Post
    Like i was around 9 and i was jumping up and down on our sofa bed (bed was pulled out) and my brother was pushing me, i fell and hit the back of my skull on the metal frame that supports the bed. I didn't even feel my head hit, but my mom comes rushing over and apparently blood was pouring out. Amazing.
    (
    Lol same thing happened to me but i saw it coming. I was walking going lalalalala (lol) when I walked right into one of those windows that opened inwards. i dont get why they had that but they did and it was made out of metal and very very sharp. Lol I walked into it, but I didn't know I cut myself straight to the bone, i mean all i know is that i heard a *thunk* and a lower duller *thunk* inside my skull. Lol a teacher came up to me all freaked out and everything cuz my face was covered in blood. i ended up getting stiches!

Quote Originally Posted by D1337 View Post
    Its amazing that sometimes you wont feel the full effect of pain if you cant see it, or know what happened.

(Doctors should stop researching medicines to numb your body and research more about the human brain seeing as you can nullify most if not all pain)

Anyways put frozen pea's on your wrist ,bandage it up and see how it feels in a few hours. If you can move it without severe pain its most liekly not broken/fractured.
    HOLY CRAP WE MUST BE LIKE TWINS when i was like 7 me and a friend of mine were having a sleepover
    he was older than me and he was giving me a piggy back ride and i jumped on him his arms like went down
    that made me roll off his back head first into the metal frame of my bed and it felt like i had just hit my head or like a normal headache and i didnt think anything of it

and then my head started to feel "sweaty" and i thought it was sweet and tasted like sweat i put my hand on top of my head and i looked at my hand and it was covered in blood my mom freaked out but i was fine and we just put my head under cold water and applied pressure with a towel (the towel got like completly ruined) and i still have like a scar on my head
    check out my pc on youtube
    sorry for the lack of a decent video it was late

wow my sig sucks.. ha

tasted like sweat
    yeah, well we're probably not twins, especially because the fact when i sweat i dont have the urge to rub my hand in it then taste it.

maybe your just my doppleganger, in which case the evil version. So yeah im going to have to kill you before you wreak havoc on my name.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

The reason why you can't feel pain as quickly is because the neurons aren't shielded like normal ones are (touch, taste, etc neurons) so it loses force and speed on the way back to your brain.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"