Thread: Video Game Violence from that link in Affiliate News: Smell that Smell!

Fresh Paint

Default Video Game Violence from that link in Affiliate News: Smell that Smell!

Sorry I couldn't resist posting something about this, I followed that link from Affiliate News: Smell that Smell! about video game violence.

I couldn't agree more with the poster of that over at Think Computer. I totally agree its the parents job to watch and control what their kids play. It kills me that grandma purchased a game for her kid that had a "M" rating on the box and now she is sueing. I also hope that our judical system doesn't let her win that one.

Anyhow another interesting read over at Game Revolution.
    http://gr.bolt.com/articles/violence/violence.htm

I found that artical most interesting. What do you guys think?

Overclocked

Default Re: Video Game Violence from that link in Affiliate News: Smell that Smell!

I think the arguement over violence in games is sooo annoying.. (the issues with it that is). I play cs all the time ive never taken out an m4 shooting people in the heads.. But thats just me

Overclocked

Default Re: Video Game Violence from that link in Affiliate News: Smell that Smell!

People are just stupid as hell. End of story.
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

agreed, this argument has been happenening for decades. First its comic books, then tv, and now the scape goat is video games. You just have to let it go and know people will always be there to afix blame.

ATX Mental Case

I totally agree. Take some personal accountability for your children. The only thing i can say is that, yes Video game publishers could/should have publicizied the rating system more than it has. I can see how EVERYONE knows what a rated R movie means, but video games are much newer so that is one thing that they could have done. But dont get me wrong this should not at all have strayed from the issue of that parents need to know what there kids are doing. See what is happening is that parents are buying these things for there kids to keep them entertained. Now I dont want to stereotype anyone so if i do i apolagize in advance. But the problem is comming from the parents that are buying these machines as babysitters for there kids. The game keeps the kid quiet so mommy can take a nap or cook, or whatever. But are parents really paying attention to what games their kids are playing. What the media is reporting is showing us that parents ovbiously arnt.

Well thats my rant, lol keep in mind im at work finishing a 10hour shift on my friday, so if i seem grumpy/tierd i am. But hey its the honest truth and i cant lie about that!
    "It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying, sometimes it means killing a whole lot of people."

ATX Mental Case

There is a simple way to end this debate. Listen to what Ron WHite has to say about gaming making kids "angry and violent" It doesn't make us violent, just accurate with the plasma rifle, or BFG 9000, or M1 Garand. Therefore keep the plasma rifles and BFGs away from us and htere will be no problems.. lol..

Gaming only causes rage when things like this happen.
    Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character, character becomes destiny...

ATX Mental Case

lol
    "It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying, sometimes it means killing a whole lot of people."