Thread: Custom Made Case Decals?

Default Custom Made Case Decals?

Hey all, I'm pretty new at this whole case modding thing, I was going to get sticker printer paper and print out my own decals to customize my case, I wanted to get some like...Heavy machinery pics from the web, something like "Access Panel" for the outside of the case. I already have laser and static ones, Anybody know where I could find these kinds of images? I have Photoshop 7 but I'd rather have official ones if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ~The Fuze~

Overclocked

Default Re: Custom Made Case Decals?

I dont really understand your description but that could be cuz im distraut u might want to use googles image search. Or look up specific types of machinery etc. Also deviantart.com is a great resource i dont do much browsing on it but you might be able to find a machinery or industrial section in photography that would work well

The SlackMeister

are you sure you want to put stickers on your comp? i dont think it will look too good.... INHO

Well let me see, I mean like on a military fighter aircraft, where it actually has a label on the outside that says "Jet Exaust" or like in spaceship movies with "AirLock" and "Access Panel" reguarding the keypoints of the structure, mostly for like maintanence persons. I don't know, I just wanna make it look decent, I just bought a New case for my computer with the needle guages on the front door. The PC I have now is an Emachines and my New case will Be my First WINDOW PC!!! Wh00t!!!
    I upgraded it but I need to figure out what kind of motherboard to get so I can Play Half-Life 2, The one I have now only has PCI slots and My Geforce 4 MX 440 just isn't cutt'in it. But then I still Need to figure out what kind of Graphics card to use...Its all very confusing and I in all honesty have no real Idea what the hell I'm Doing.

Overclocked

i have an a8n deluxe i love it to death but i hear if ur a more advanced user trying to setup raids etc it can be a royal pain. also the lanparty nf4 looks promising by reviews on newegg but also had some negative nacies.

Overclocked

a new idea that i have had but have yet to try it is to print your image onto a trasparency. You know the type of plastic paper that you use for overhead projectors. Just make sure it's the clear kind not and opacity if you can help it. The simply print, cut out, and adhere it onto your case. I think when i do it i'll use so kind of light clear glue then spray it with clear coat to make it blend in.

The transpariency Idea is a good one but last time I tried to do that all the ink did was run all over the place and make a royal mess. do you have to have a special printer?
    on another note I did order a bunch of Medical Biohazard Labels...I gots a thing for the BioHazard Symbol...

Rankenphile

For one thing, go to a local print shop and have them print the images on a laser printer. The color quality will be much smoother, and much more permanent.

Second, if possible, have them done on a vinyl labelstock. This is hard to find, especially for laser printers, as the heat often melts the stock. Paper labelstock is okay, but it won't be perfect.

Third, if the designs are simple enough, stencil and airbrush or even spraypaint the design yourself. If you're really careful and do a good job, it will look much better than any sticker would.

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

Plan out your "Sticker" so you can cut it out clean (no white edges or hollows).
    Then just print it on good quality paper. Cut it out spray the back with some spray adhesive attach it to your case, Then when it dries spray it with a sealer (clear coat will work if you want a glossy finish, but hit a craft store you can pick up clear sealers in matte (dull finish) satin (a neutral to low gloss finish), semi-gloss (not quite shiny) ) Now come the secret Weather the whole case, make it look used neglected even. You'll never notice it when done right.
    For more on that check the Worn Look for Case Thread Here in TBCS Rookie's Nook. It should help you out with that part...The last few posts have links to weathering tips that will help too.

Crazybillybob