Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Bannation without representation is treason!"

Anodized

Default Re: "Bannation without representation is treason!"

lol my gym class does it all the time. if a kid comes in late, my teacher asks us if we should let him do a 3 min wall sit or to let it slide. lol only the underclass men gets the thumbs up? or is it down. w/es the bad one. i never do it cuz i aint a voter!!

for #2, that sucks. if only there were honest people with balls still around. im talking about sellers of course

for 6, if i knew how, id be more then willing to do it lol.
    and yeah, just to clarify, i dont think 4 was rude.

Bannation without representation is treason:

An admin on another forum flamed me and then banned me for a week as I pointed out that he had broken the forums' rules in eight places. No chance of reprieve because the admins and mods on that forum are bullies: bullied at school and grab any role where they can take a little out on others. And no representation because when you are banned on that forum the only thing you can see is the message banning you until the ban runs out.

On this forum I have experienced minor "confusions" and "disputes" yet have found that things get resolved in a generally friendly and appropriate way and that sense and reason prevail.

Which makes it very unlikely that having a trial system would actually improve things here as TBCS is accomodating, quite forgiving, friendly and reasonable. It might be entertaining but entertainment at the expense of another is not attractive and reminds me of "bread and circuses" and the dying days of Rome.

Now if you wanted to set up an internet courtroom where people could appeal bans in any forum that, conceptually, would be interesting. The fact is any site is owned by it's owner(s) and that person or those people make the rules, apply and remove privileges or appoint others to do it for them. They would have to be prepared to accept the judgement of the court and if they were of the "unreasonable" type why would they?

Of course if you did this and enough "good forums" joined the system it might encourage others to. People may be more reluctant to join and take part in forums where they felt their place was not assured by the backing of such an "internet court" or arbitration system.

Perhaps as the net develops further systems such as this will emerge but in reality it's unlikely.

You represent yourself every time you post. It is up to the site owner or their appointed representatives to decide if what you do and how you do it fits with their scheme of things. In well run forums the other members get a chance to express opinions on such matters, be it through messaging with the admins or feedback systems such as the rep system here.

In a well run forum there is no ban without poor self-representation and in a badly run forum, well, I don't want to be there. It seems pretty simple.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xenosagarox View Post
    Lol, just kidding but it should catch some eyes. Anyways, I just wanted to voice my opinions on this site. you know, like one of those prefered customers cards you get at stores lol.

Well anyways I don't think too badly on this site but I would like to see some things made availble:

1. Courtroom: A place where people convicted of being banned go on trial. An admin can be judge and a poll could serve as jury. Of course, you could always do jury duty where you select 12 people and make them vote in the poll. That way, the convictee could fight to stay and not be banned. Or something. How fun that'll be with witnesses, judges, appointment deadlines and crap. I myself have a personal exp with thus cuz i served as translator once.

2. Marketplace: No, not a place for ebayers unless admins want it too. Rather a plce where users can trade pc parts or maybe sell stuff. and tbcs can charge a fee for anyone wishing to sell in this section. That way, tbcs can earn some income.

3. Gamers Square: a place where gamers could go and look or start challenges for a certain game. it'll be good for anyone wishing to play someone in a old game but has no one to play.

4. *******************
    5. interenet xray machine: don't ask:p

6. Personal home page maybe? I don't know, but I was thinking about maybe a more prettier user home page thing(you know when you go to find out more about a user) or the ability to customize it.

Think thats it. lol its really fun to type with one hand.
    1. Forums are not a democracy. They are a hierarchy. What Mods say, goes. What admins say trump that, and what the Owner says trumps all. I learned this on another forum that I admin when I okayed something and the big bad voodo daddy came in and said no.

2. No. We had problems with this before and I doubt it's ever coming back.

3. We have a games section.

4. ?

5. ...=|

6. Also no. TBCS isn't supposed to be a facebook or myspace. If you want your own space get one of those instead. Or a blog or something. I think the most personalized TBCS should get is staff email addresses (which we have) and worklogs.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

About the personal pages, we already have a facebook group, a custom FRAPPR map, and a myspace page so that should cover any bases on that aspect.

As for the gaming section, I am not really sure what you mean beyond the video games forum we already have. Something I would like to do is host a BF2 server and have game nights for TBCS members. I think that would be a hell of alot of fun. I know it's been tried before, but if we had enough people I think we could get it done. It would likely have to be a public server with TBCS members as the only recruited members and then open to others.

Jon