Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you use any software that you fuind absolutely indispensable? Post it here.

The SlackMeister

my bad. yeah i meant Ad-Aware. for some reason i never looked at spelling and just typed it how i say it. sorry

Overclocked

I'm a sucker for the trials.
    Halo Trial for anyone who wants to play online and doesn't have the game. It doesn't expire. :p

Edit: Firefox is very customizable. You can go to Tools > Extensions and download extensions. I have one that shows the weather for my town down where firefox shows the progress bar when a page is loading. And FoxyTunes which lets you control iTunes, WMP, Quicktime (whatever your listening to) from firefox so you don’t have to exit firefox to change the song. You can also get themes which let you customize the look of firefox. These are all free downloads.
    Last edited by Rachel; 04-09-2005 at 08:08 PM.

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Do you use any software that you fuind absolutely indispensable? Post it here.

This is not exactly software but an extension. I cannot survive without Mozilla and imparticular I could not survive without the Mouse Gestures Extension . While most of the gestures I never used there are some that I use permanently. You can completely customize your gestures but these are the ones I use. They are default unless I specify otherwise.

Back: Hold right mouse button and click Left Mouse Button
    Forward: Hold left mouse button and click Right mouse Button
    Dictionary Search: (not Default) Selct hte word, hold right mouse button and draw a D (square really)
    Refresh: Hold Right mouse button and draw up and down

As everyone uses the internet differently so you must just customize the Mouse Gestures to your own desires. I have to say that the Mouse Gestures program is dead easy to use and creating your own gestures could not be easier. Hope this helps other Mozilla users.
    There is no other choice.

The SlackMeister

Default Re: Do you use any software that you fuind absolutely indispensable? Post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    I'm a sucker for the trials.
    Halo Trial for anyone who wants to play online and doesn't have the game. It doesn't expire. :p
    and where can i get that?

Water Cooled

I use StrokeIt on my home computer. (STOP SNICKERING!! It's real software)

Similar to jonopaul01's extension but this actually works for the whole windows OS. You can even program it to ignore certain programs. (so if you are gaming, it doesn't look for gestures)
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlacker
    and where can i get that?
    Right here. The trial does have limitations though. But it's still sweet!!! Download Page

The SlackMeister

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    Right here. The trial does have limitations though. But it's still sweet!!! Download Page
    thanks! damn their download speeds are SLOOOOWWWWW

Overclocked

My favorite part of the trial is playing online. The speeds... Yea, it's Microsoft. What did you expect?

Overclocked

Firefox and IfranView are the two most indispensable pieces of software on my comp.
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Fresh Paint

I am the admin of a small LAN and we have both Windows XP and Linux machines. To transfer files between Windows and Linux, I have found that Akeni LAN Messenger works very well. It does not have the LDAP and Active directory features found in its Enterprise IM product but it is easy to install.