Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Frozen Sun

Default Re: Project: Frozen Sun

[off topic] How old are you? Geometry? not fun at all![/off topic]

I can't wait for the update!

geometry sucks. but it can be fun, if you like that sort of thing. I want a sponsor too! lol. if only computers were free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Here is a really good article for you guys

Modding Sponsorship

Tons of good information in there. Take some time to read through it all. Very helpful. Just remember, your selling yourself and your rig, so its not just free stuff.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I read that article a while ago, very helpful. Didn't help me get a sponsor though lol.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Anodized

Sponsors sucks!

We shoulnd't be dependent from them! I have lots more of respect for those, who can create a stunning case all by them self. Sponsors should come to you, not the other way around.

Another problem with sponsors, is that what they give you. What on earth should you do with some sponsored, turbine-noice making fancy LED-fan if you already bought all your fans? You can't ask if you can get something else. And even if you get something you actually need, would you bought it yourself in terms of quality and such? Personally I only want A-quality. Just so that I haven't got any problems if it doesn't work or brakes down after a while.

We don't need them! They need us!
    In all of it's glory!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMIKKE View Post
    We don't need them! They need us!
    Well, its true. Without consumers, their products would be all but worthless. But as far as sponsorships go, they don't really need us. Companies will still sell their products thanks to advertising and our need for their merchandise. So why do they sponsor some people occasionally? Because A.) Money doesn't grow on tree's for most of us normal people and B.) Its probably cheaper and maybe even more effective than regular advertising, such as on TV, or website ads, etc. Instead of spending thousands of dollars on "regular" advertising towards a large crowd of people, where most of those peoples probably wont even be interested in their products, they can advertise straight to many of their consumers, which would be us, at only the price of the products (or cash in some cases) they give us to use, which is probably minimal for them. So, its not really that they need us, its more on the lines of that we need them and they can benefit from that need if they so choose.

Thats the reason why I think people want sponsorships. Makes things cheaper for them. Heck, I'd slap an nVidia sticker on my project if I was going to spend as much as these guys here are any day. That, and it would be pretty cool to have someone like nVidia sponsor one of my projects. :p

Keep up the good work you crazy duo! Your project is not only fun to watch as it progresses along (which it has been nicely might I add), but also you two crack me the heck up. I don't think I have ever read such a funny worklog before, its kinda nice really. That, and the whole father/son/fathers paying for entire project thing. I am TOTALLY jealous of that!

-Zephik

PS - Cereal, you could probably take your "abusive" father to court if you can get some pictures of proof that he beats you. But I'd wait till this project is finished, that way you can snag it as part of your "compensation", so it'll be all yours! Muahahaha! JK Darth, if your son acts in any way like I do, then he probably deserves those "beatings". :p
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post

Thats the reason why I think people want sponsorships. Makes things cheaper for them. Heck, I'd slap an nVidia sticker on my project if I was going to spend as much as these guys here are any day. That, and it would be pretty cool to have someone like nVidia sponsor one of my projects. :p
    You've got a point there. But I meant that people are often to reliable on a sponsor. Example: They need that part for the case. If they can't get it, they just stop with the case. That's just a shame. Go find work or something (Altough I know that's hard sometimes ). Get the money or save something so you can get that part and you'll be a lot more satisfied than if you got it sponsored.

But that's my oppinion off course. I can also imagine that someone, who can't afford it, would be very happy with a sponsor. And if that gives us a very good mod, who are we to critisice it then
    In all of it's glory!

Not to worry, i've already casted the line for a job that will be perfect for me! The only forseeable road block is that most people don't hire 14 year olds... At any rate, I realized that you all missed me terribly, so I came back. I'll endure my father a bit longer.

Modding; v. - The act of creating a computer as cool as mine.

The case went out for painting last weekend. (The only thing I am worse at than using power tools is painting!)

We are hoping for a 1 week turn around. Maybe I should make the boy hold his breath until it gets back?

Christmas is coming up fast. The boy and I are going to have to move our entire modding operation to the spare bedroom because we normally have about 30 people for Christmas dinner. (Momma thinks our guests might not enjoy eating with all our modding stuff.)

"If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!"

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Yeah I know what you mean. I was forced to move all of my stuff into the shed. I also had to clean everything out of my room because I am getting a new bed. I wont find anything I am looking for now lol.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08