Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project: Sin City

Default Project: Sin City

Hi dudes, what's up!

Well, last week I was talking to a close friend who is a "Sin City" series fan. After a while we've got a deal. He's going to let me mod his case. The theme is easy, black & white.
    How can I do that? The best way is using my favourite technique: engraving. If you dind't know about "Sin City" series, they've written by Frank Miller, all of them in black and white withount any gradient (imposible(?) to do with engraving), there's also a movie if you don't want to read because you can get exaust tourning pages ^^
    I read all the comics after that conversation (I saw the movie some time ago) looking for some inspiration and I found it.
    The case to mod is a Cooler Master Centurion 5, I have some minor problems:
    - The case it's pre-engraved [joke], has some scratchs. I'll try to fix them later.
    - My friend is using the case, so I must do it panel by panel.

After that introduction(8 lines? that's nothing) here's the idea:
    - Right side (looking from the front of the case): I'll engrave 3 pages of the comics like if you trow them over a desk. (pictures down 1,2,3)
    - Letf side: Engrave a silhouette and the Sin City logo and paint the logo in red (semitransparent, like bulb paint)(pictures 4,5)
    - Front side: Paint some blood-like splash, if the blood touch the black zone, engraving & paint.

1, 2 and 3

4 and 5 (this last one is "The jewel of the crown")
    (only the logo)

Suggestions (constructive) are welcome.

I took two picts.

First one, the work from 20:30 to 21:00, it's the first picture from the opening post. Lots of imperfections because it isn't finished yet:

And the second one, those are the bits I'm using for engraving. Not Dremmel brand cause they're very expensive. Also the "must have" Flexishaft(?):

Incidences: One big black fly (model jumbo 747) constantly f******. Still here, I think I'm going to adopt her.

Remaining time: Lots of hours.

It's a shame I haven't sponsors who gave me a new case (hello there?), there are some serious scratches in the panel. Tomorrow, with light, I'll take some pictures of it. This is a "must finish" mod.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 11-07-2007 at 09:58 PM.

Default Re: Project: Sin City

Welcome to TBCS. Thats very very good work right there. I'm a huge fan of sin city and that is some awesome engraving work right there. +rep

I've seen you lingering around, glad to see you on the build!!! Here are two things I would suggest to get your worklog going. Always post pics, never links to pics because many of your viewers will just pass through and not click them all. I am having a hard time visualizing the multiple pics per side, it almost sounds like overkill. One large image might be more appealing unless I am thinking about it wrong. By the way, I LOVE Sin City!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

P.S. I'm kinda partial to this shot....oh yes Jessica...someday...

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    P.S. I'm kinda partial to this shot....oh yes Jessica...someday...
    It's a shame that she doesn't appear just like in the comic XD

ATX Mental Case

that looks great! Great concept
    <------------------- look left <---------- left u idiot

Hi guys. I bring you todays homework.
    I've done the sketch of the upper side of the picture 1 and the same with the picture 2. For me it's the hardest part because you can't se if you're doing it well and you can't do mistakes in this king of labours. Tomorrow I'll try to do the same with picture 3, I said try because maibe I go out Next step it's fill all the imagen and the last one it's solve imperfections.

This one is a general view of the panel (you can see the scratches I mentioned in the first post, upper right and down sides)

Picture 2 sketch (from now the "blam blam" scene)

And the remaining of picture 1

Incidences: None I noticed (fly died?)

Remaining time: Lots of hours - 1.5 = Lots of hours

Thanks for the comments

Dude, FTW! I'll be watching this one
    I Like to mod it! Mod it! I like to Mod it! Mod it! Yeah! Like to, Mod it!
    www.pariahs-guild.blogspot.com

I bring you todays progress. Finished the sketch of the third image (dancing cowgirl), also fill a part of the frame of picture 1. With sunlight this time.

The scratches were made by my friend, not me.

that looks nice dude!.. keep it up... great work.... as simple as it is!
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]